RJ Spagnols Rosso Grande Eccellente

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
Anyone got any feedback on this kit?

You'd swear that the Super Tuscan was the only winery series kit worth making.

The Super Tuscan is the most popular, but I don't think I have seen anything consistently negative about any other kit in the Winery Series line. The Chilean Malbec is a nice wine after about 18 months.

Well I ordered an EP Super Tuscan so we'll see how good that is.

RJS's Rosso Grande Excellente is real good but only if you let it age well. If drank too soon it has a funny off taste to it. I'd give it a good year.

RJS's Rosso Grande Excellente is real good but only if you let it age well. If drank too soon it has a funny off taste to it. I'd give it a good year.

Thanks! I've noticed kit wines fall into 3 categories...

• Early drinker, gets better with age
  • Early drinker, hardly changes over time
  • Needs a year at least or forget it.

I agree with USA Winemaker

was my first winery series and grape skin kit i made and it was better than anything else i had every done. 18 months later and all i make now are grape skin kits

you wont be disappointed

cheers

I'll see if I can do that next week when I transfer to secondary. I can tell you from my test tube that it's a very dark red, almost black.

Here's a couple pics. The left one is a Cellar Craft Showcase Syrah (fully aged). It is tied for 3rd place in my cellar for dark, purplish color. 2nd place is the Winery Series Super Tuscan and the darkest are either of the Amarones I have done.

The right one is the RJS RGE. With significant yeast in suspension it's hard to tell how dark it will end up. I'm pushing to get direct sunlight into the 2nd pic. Only the edge of the wine is showing color. In my experience, they get a little darker as they clear because the yeast reflects light.

wine1.jpg

wine2.jpg

Latest posts

Back