What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I suppose that first picture should go in the Bread Thread. I suppose I will cross-post it there...

We had leftover sautéed/braised Swiss chard (onions, coriander, cardamom); roasted artichokes (lemon, EVOO); roasted celeriac parmentier (EVOO, shallots, rosemary, garlic, thyme, parsley); pork chops braised in sherry, Merlot, and tomatoes, with 'shrooms, garlic, and sage. Also some of that fresh bread and butter.

Boule Nov 2020.jpgIMG_1182.JPGIMG_1184.JPG

Kind of a precursor to dinner...

Homemade by Scott, on Flickr

Homemade cheese and homemade wine. My wife is a budding cheesemaker - this is some Tomme alpine she made several months ago, first taste this evening. The wine is a quick-and-dirty blend of the syrah and carmenere I racked today. Both cheese and wine are coming along nicely...

Too nice out not to grill. Wifey gave me some ideas in the earlier part of the week, none of them seemed to be grill friendly. So I took meatloaf to a new level, why not add some charcoal flavor? Ground chicken and spices, served with some hash browns and pecan flavored cut green beans. Topped my meatloaf burger with some freshly made green tomato salsa (1/3 red, 2/3 green) that had components smoked on the grill. Yum!

11-5-20_meatloaf--1.jpg

11-5-20_meatloaf-2.jpg

11-5-20_salsa.jpg

Not the healthiest meal I've ever made, but it certainly tasted good. Potstickers were store bought frozen (organic chicken and veg). At the last minute, I decided to make a dipping sauce for them with low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Turned out pretty good. Next time, I think I'll add a touch of sugar to it.

174E60E9-480F-4AD3-999D-4793693A2A20.jpeg

I donated blood today, so I wanted a "ferrous meal." I found a whole beef tenderloin on sale, so I decided to make steak au poivre. Furthering the iron theme, I made sauteed spinach with lots of EVOO, vitamin G, and some lemon. We also had roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted cauliflower with butter, cumin, garlic, and lemon zest.

I cut the tenderloin into thick medallions; the au poivre preparation featured green peppercorns and cracked black pepper with the sauteed tenderloins. Then, I flambeed the medallions in brandy, then made a reduction sauce with sauteed scallions, beef stock, and heavy cream. Washed down with a WTSO Mockingbird Hill Sonoma red blend.

62631636152__5548D652-838A-4A30-AFB3-6576D0F64568.JPGflambe.jpgIMG_1207.JPG

Latest posts

Back