Anybody seen Blood into Wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormcoach

Junior
Reaction score
Has anybody seen Blood into Wine? Great movie. I really enjoyed it. Mondovino is also quite good. Mondovino is what got me started thinking that maybe I should make some wine.

Living in the desert southwest and growing grapes myself you bet! I also have a couple of bottles of Caduceus (purchased in San Antonio no less) in the cellar as well. :sm

Yeah this is one of the best independant movies I've seen. Funny, smart, and interesting. It was nice to see I'm not the only guys in the world making wine with tattoos. It seems like everyone has the impression its only old Italians and uptight snobs who make wine!

Best Quote:
"When you chose a name did you realize it said 'douche' right in the middle of it?"

Blood Into Wine was pretty good.

Bottle Shock was a very entertaining, albeit highly fictionalized, movie.

Mondovino, WTH?

Mondovino was an independent flick about the modern wine industry and how certain people such as Parker have influenced the way vintners make wine specifically to cater to their tastes. It gave alot of examples of small wineries who lost their identities to get better ratings and fame. It opened my eyes quite a bit. They also showed how huge wineries were crushing the identities of the small guys and buying out their land etc.

It was a little difficult to watch and drawn out in some parts but I would recommend it to any wine maker or aspiring vinyard owner.

Mondovino was an independent flick about the modern wine industry and how certain people such as Parker have influenced the way vintners make wine specifically to cater to their tastes. It gave alot of examples of small wineries who lost their identities to get better ratings and fame. It opened my eyes quite a bit. They also showed how huge wineries were crushing the identities of the small guys and buying out their land etc.

It was a little difficult to watch and drawn out in some parts but I would recommend it to any wine maker or aspiring vinyard owner.

I think I have heard this same story from companies located in St. Louis Mo, Golden Co, and Milwaukee Wi ---- Well actually Leuven, Johannesburg, and Montreal Since they all sold out

Glad to see we got some takers on this post.

Jet, I've got Bottle Shock cued up.

ibglowen, I lived near Show Low for about 10 years and had been through Jerome several times. I had no idea what was going on and by whom. If I had, I would have stopped. I'm missing the dry desert climate about now.

What inspired me about blood into wine is that it was like a sequel to Mondovino. It's about this creative wine enterprise by a former high profile (at least in some circles) music star who gets together with a guy who started making wine because of the apples he collected while mapping AZ forestlands.

These guys come out of left field, really, as far as the world of wine is considered, but create world class wines, while many an established winery is wondering what they should be doing.

Yeah this is one of the best independant movies I've seen. Funny, smart, and interesting. It was nice to see I'm not the only guys in the world making wine with tattoos. It seems like everyone has the impression its only old Italians and uptight snobs who make wine!

Best Quote:
"When you chose a name did you realize it said 'douche' right in the middle of it?"

That was hilarious. I liked how he named a wine after his mother as well.

They definitely march to the tune of a different drummer which is always interesting to see what comes out of that effort. There are some great songs in the soundtrack as well such as the classic hit "World Up My Ask" (lol) and my personal favorite which is on the homepage of the winery website is "Indigo Children"

Bottle Shock

Watched Bottle Shock. Very good. Great characters and wonderful story line. I'm not familiar with the history it portrays, although they summarize it at the end, so I can't comment on the dramatic license invoked.

Thanks for the kudo's! If you liked Bottle Shock you would love "Judgement in Paris" which the movie was "loosely" based on. Its really a look back at the history of Napa and who were the people that really put it on the map and were not satisfied making crap jug table wines anymore. You can pick it up in paperback on Amazon for pretty cheap.

I just added that to my netflix queue also Bottle Shock and Introduction to Wine. Then from my library 3 discs of Uncorked.

These look interesting. Especially now that the major shows are done with the season.

Introduction to Wine was kind of crappy. It was the very basic information about wine.

Latest posts

Back