• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

cork finish wine bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, I live in a dry county, and cork finish wine bottles are extremely hard to come across. dose anyone happen to know a web site to purchase wine bottle at decent prices, I don't know in lots around 10 to 20 cases at anywhere a decent prices on both the bottles and shipping, i'm looking for 750 ml cork finish and colored, I can care less what color except no clear, I wish no clear bottles, new or used, all I find so far the shipping is near double for shipping of the bottles. unlike most on here bottles are murder to come by new or used,
i'd love to find a online site for bottles
thank you
Dawg:?

hounddawg....is there a county recycling center? I have found they can be a good source for beer and wine bottles for free.

whew ok when I say I live in the country I mean like people put trash in a old gully an burn what will burn, I live many miles from that kinda stuff, if I wish to build I build no inspector, same for trash, an so on, but that is a great thought, I live in a area that if my fruit hits the ground at night the deer beat me to it, nearest town zero traffic lights, pop 400, but I used to work in the cities yall have it ruff, everybody telling you what you can or cant do, telling you to put different trash in different cans, build this, you cant build that, shucks in the last 10 year we just started with a septic tank inspector, or that's what I heard, mine was metal, with a old metal you can just put in a plastic or cement one no questions ask, I put in a cement one then hauled rocks to fill in the metal one, well that was after pulling the back half of the tractor I was haying with, dang near scared me to death, one minute 3 feet in the air next minute my feet was at ground level. lol
I just got a email from a guy i'm trying to agree on a price, it'll be 150 miles 1 way for me. where I live it's beer, store bought spirts or spirts in a mason jar, I retired my still years ago, I keep it if I ever have to make my own fuel.
Dawg::

hounddawg....is there a county recycling center? I have found they can be a good source for beer and wine bottles for free.

I wish I'd thought of that, everybody on here knows I aint right in the head, you made me smile, . thank you. I have tons left to learn, but for a fact this site an it's people can teach you all you'll ever need, if I can be taut then anyone can, among knives i'm a butter knife, you know not all that sharp to begin with, but they got me liking to drink my wines over store bought wines,
Dawg::

Thanks! I thought maybe they just rubbed cork of the bottle to polish it or something.

Dawg,
I can let you know next time I come up there, then run down to Monroe, LA and get you cases of used bottles for $0.50 per bottle. that comes to $6.00 per case. Then just bring them up to you on my way to Fayetteville.. If it helps.. It's the least I can do for the learning I get from your posts..

INTERWEB aw chit I thought they said spider web, i'm such a moron,
all jokes aside I have worked in 46 of the lower 48, I go to cities and ya'lls paper money is new, most paper money where I live is around 10 years old, yall see a new movie we don't see it till 6 months later. but in the cities I hear sirens hour after hour, where I live once or twice a week, but sadly they are building an interstate right thru where I live ,, 1/2 mile from where I live, my land was worth around $300 to $500 and acre now it's worth at least $5000 an acre I'd rather have my land value stay at $300 to $500 and still be in and old fashioned life style, but I guess what they call progress cant be stopped, i'm glad i'm getting older I loath what's coming, ya'll think nothing of the city telling you what you can an cant build, how many trash cans and what to putin each can, an most of all that poison city water, my water comes from 250 feet under ground as pure as the driven snow, but all things come to an end as they say, I will tell you this I am so very proud that I am not young an healthy, I was raised free and hope I'm allowed to die free
Dawg:: Richard

At least you got the interweb down there.

INTERWEB aw chit I thought they said spider web, i'm such a moron,
all jokes aside I have worked in 46 of the lower 48, I go to cities and ya'lls paper money is new, most paper money where I live is around 10 years old, yall see a new movie we don't see it till 6 months later. but in the cities I hear sirens hour after hour, where I live once or twice a week, but sadly they are building an interstate right thru where I live ,, 1/2 mile from where I live, my land was worth around $300 to $500 and acre now it's worth at least $5000 an acre I'd rather have my land value stay at $300 to $500 and still be in and old fashioned life style, but I guess what they call progress cant be stopped, i'm glad i'm getting older I loath what's coming, ya'll think nothing of the city telling you what you can an cant build, how many trash cans and what to putin each can, an most of all that poison city water, my water comes from 250 feet under ground as pure as the driven snow, but all things come to an end as they say, I will tell you this I am so very proud that I am not young an healthy, I was raised free and hope I'm allowed to die free
Dawg:: Richard

AMEN! Preach it!

Back