building a must stirrer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you didn't notice the dogs I breed are all tall, man have you some learning to do, no cattle way to far to walk around an kiss em, no deer, they run two fast, an never ever no pigs, they'll squeal on you,,, lol
Dawg:HB

I used to breed dogs, but it to be too hard on my knees!!

That's just a joke.

first off like I said before I do a lot of thinks just to keep my mind busy, but after rereading this post I should caught it back then, but dumb ole me better late then never, during my ferment usually I stir my must ever day of the ferment twice a day,,, down till around 990. then I go to carboy and airlock, at time to bottle I back sweeten from 1.110 to 1.120 depending the fruit or berry, that's because I only seek to please myself, and sweet is as I like....
Dawg

ok first i'm a little behind just outta hospital, tick fever,
the reason I use a stirrer is I pick my fruits but use no mesh bag, so it helps break down my fruit, I use the stirrer first 10 days to turn my fruit to mush an add oxygen, after I filter out my pulp I then press out left over juice, an yep it is over kill, but over kill beats under doing, as for batch sizes like my apple/pear, I have 4 6 gallon carboys, and a few gallon an half gallons, I top off with what i'm making, just my preference. I stay away from as much store bought as I can, and since the only one I must please is me, therefore I mix, grow , can, or however I wish to eat, drink, so on so fourth,

Back