What is the best fruit wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best wine so far has been Thimbleberri/red huckleberri, then all the rest of the fruit wines once I started putting enough fruit in them..........:try

^yeah, it does make a difference doesn't it

IMHO, elderberry/blueberry/pineapple/strawberry are all in for a tie in my book. it's more about what i'm going to eat or what mood i'm in. those can all be very good. there are a few others out there that can be good, but none coming to mind right now as good as the above.

Hard to say what the best is. Depends on YOUR taste and preferences. As was previously stated, the amount of fruit used in making the wine is paramount in making a good wine and also the amount of water added is important. I had to learn this the hard way. Pick your favorite fruit, add at least 30 pounds for a 5 gallon batch and go for it. I can honestly say I've never had a bad fruit wine and I plan to make many variations of them this year.

Hard to say what the best is. Depends on YOUR taste and preferences. As was previously stated, the amount of fruit used in making the wine is paramount in making a good wine and also the amount of water added is important. I had to learn this the hard way. Pick your favorite fruit, add at least 30 pounds for a 5 gallon batch and go for it. I can honestly say I've never had a bad fruit wine and I plan to make many variations of them this year.

I'm not a huge fan of the fruit wines that I've had.

But as far as fruits I like most of them, particularly berries.

I like my Apple the best for a white fruit wine, most of the ladies like my Peach the best. Elderberry & Blueberry are my fav red fruit wines. Planning to blend a Blu Elder Wine from my bulk aged wines, maybe 1/3 blueberry 2/3 elderberry, time will tell, Roy

Black Currant without a doubt followed byElderberry, then blackberry and then raspberry. I must admit though that second and third get replaced often like Dan's (Runningwolf) Rhubarb was so good that I hope mine tastes as good as that may replace 2nd place in my mind. Abe, if you dont like many of your fruit wines then you probably arent making very good fruit wine or probably just arent using enough fruit!

Can Candy Cane wine be classed under fruit wine? I feel like a total fruit telling anyone I am even making it. Gosh I hope it's going to be good. If not like someone else once said "It'll make good toilet bowl cleaner".

I could not help but noticing Wade you are 8 posts shy of 10,000 My Plumb was best so far

Can Candy Cane wine be classed under fruit wine? I feel like a total fruit telling anyone I am even making it. Gosh I hope it's going to be good. If not like someone else once said "It'll make good toilet bowl cleaner".

LOL now IF/WHEN you enter it in a Wine Competition WHAT catagory??

If you don't like it, I'll be happy to come get it! I have people calling asking when the next batch will be ready. I haven't even started it yet! :d

If you don't like it, I'll be happy to come get it! I have people calling asking when the next batch will be ready. I haven't even started it yet! :d

Lol, I might have to try that, along with the blackberry.

Follow up question: For a one gallon batch of wild strawberry wine and F-pack, about how many pounds of fruit would you be talking? It's time consuming picking them. I want to make sure I get enough as I don't want to waste 5 lbs of berries only to make a wine that has no flavor. I read somewhere to pick 8lbs to ferment and 2lb for f-pack. Does that sound right?

I would o 3# if its for 1 gallon. Bow what I would do is simmer the beries in a amall amt of water. Strain thru a kitchen strainer. Reduce that by at least 1/2. Add mix well AFTER you stabilized. Taste, add simple syrup to your taste

I would o 3# if its for 1 gallon. Bow what I would do is simmer the beries in a amall amt of water. Strain thru a kitchen strainer. Reduce that by at least 1/2. Add mix well AFTER you stabilized. Taste, add simple syrup to your taste

3#??? I thought the standard was at least 6 per gallon. Tom are you making a F-pack or starting a one gallon batch?

The question was he wanted to add flavor to wine that he used 8#'s. Strawberries are mostly water so you need more than other fruit. Yes this is for a f-pac.
Remember since there is alot of water you must simmer out the water to make a strong f-pac.

Latest posts

Back