WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@geek: it's EC-1118. I don't have a decent substitute on hand and am not ordering any supplies any time soon. So I'll probably just go with that.

Oh, and the mist kit has 1118 as well. :D

Edit: looks like I'm going to make a small order from LP, so I can add some yeast. For this one, looks like QA23 or K1V-1116 are the best matches. Anyone have a preference?

Last edited:
I was thinking to use BA11 if I order it (which is most likely going to happen) but then I think LP does not carry BA11...bummer....

So I was also thinking QA23......

I was thinking to use BA11 if I order it (which is most likely going to happen) but then I think LP does not carry BA11...bummer....

So I was also thinking QA23......

Yep, no BA11 at LP. I went with QA23.

Yeah, I think I'll also use QA23 on the WE LE Gewürztraminer Verdelho Muscat, looks like a good candidate for both varietals.

Morewine is out of BA11 too. I've used QA23 on a few wines including my Pinto Grigio from last Spring and really liked the results. Want to use BA11 and QA23 on the two Pinot Grigio buckets I plan on getting this Spring so I can see what the differences are.

Thanks for reminding me I should order my supplies for this Spring now so I can get what I want by late April/Early May.

I once made an effort to try to understand the relationship between Lalvin, Lallemand, and Scott. I guess it did not stick. Cannot find this yeast on Lallemand's website, but clearly the label at the link kindly provided by Mike says "Lalvin"! Someday, I may get it...

LalvinBA11.jpg

I once made an effort to try to understand the relationship between Lalvin, Lallemand, and Scott. I guess it did not stick. Cannot find this yeast on Lallemand's website, but clearly the label at the link kindly provided by Mike says "Lalvin"! Someday, I may get it...

Found it on the Scott Lab's site (as did Dan/Ibglowin).

http://www.scottlab.com/product-39.aspx

Steve

This is a 6G kit right?

FVW finally got it on the website but not in stock still plus they are showing it as a 3G kit...

Not bad for about $120 shipped.
Although I do not have it, this is definitively a 6G kit, I was told it has 18L of juice.....but it could be 16L.

Thx. Though i would not say 24oz is small. If I do get this kit, i may put 1/2 in up front

cheers

Latest posts

Back