Blenders

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a cherry wine (to me it taste like cough syrup) and blended it with white grape. After a bit of aging it actually is pretty good.

Walker's Blackberry and Walker's Niagara both backsweetened and bottled. A 50/50 blend of these is very nice.
0013.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if I would caterogize this as a blender but it might be. When I make skeeter pee I use a slurry from either elderberry or muscadine and it is usually a quart and a half of slurry and you get a faint taste of elderberry or muscadine depending on which I used. When I make elderberry wine, when it is time to take out the berries, I put them a primary and make a seconds using Niagara juice instead of water.

So here is my thought, today I racked all the muscadine into glass. I have one gallon of noble slurry, 3/4 gallon of muscadine red slurry and 1 3/4 gallon of bronze/Carlos slurry. I have a Niagara concentrate in the frig that will make five gallons of wine. I am thinking of taking the noble and muscadine red add it to 2 1/2 gallons of the Niagara, and take the bronze/Carlos and add it to the other 2 1/2 gallons of Niagara. I'm thinking I won't get a strong flavor of the muscadines as I do with the elderberries in the seconds but it should be stronger than the slurry I make for skeeter pee. I'm thinking this is going to be an interesting experiment!

Damn it Larry, just when I get to a point when I say I've done enough someone has o throw me a curve ball. Blackberry and Niagara sounds real good, and I have a buddy begging me to go to Walkers with him.

I took a bottle each of the Niagara and the blackberry to a Thanksgiving gathering yesterday and everyone enjoyed the 50/50 blend of the 2 wines.

Last edited:
I guess you could call this a blend.

I have had success with using 5 jars of blackberry jam with both Cabernet and merlot concentrates.

I have also made a good muscadine and blackberry jam blend.

I guess you could call this a blend.

I have had success with using 5 jars of blackberry jam with both Cabernet and merlot concentrates.

I have also made a good muscadine and blackberry jam blend.

muscadine and blackberry, this sounds pretty good.

I have been pondering a sweet wine blend of Pineapple wine, Tart Cherry wine and a vanilla bean in the bottle wondering if it would be like pineapple upside down cake.

It is, this sounds really good!

Last edited:
Thinking about a 40/60 blend of Montipluchiano and Sangiovese, has anyone done this blend?

I'm going to do a 1/3 blend of
Cabernet Sauvignon
Pinot Noir
Petit Verdot

Does that sound ok? I've never done a red blend just rosés before.

When in the wine making process is the best time to blend? Is there an advantage to do so before stabilization? During bulk aging? I have two WE batches underway, one in secondary, one finishing primary, I can blend now or wait. What are your experiences and is there any science on the best moment to blend? If it matters, the two varietals are Montepulciano and Sangiovese.

I plan on blending 1/3 each petit verdot, cabernet sauvignon, and pinot noir.

Does this sound ok?

I actually read that exact page before you posted it.

I'm going to give it a go, maybe just 1 case of the triple blend though. And a few cases of verdot and cab blend, I wish I could think of another 3rd wine that would be good. (I dislike merlot)

The verdot and pinot have been done since early December, the cabernet is going now. Do you think this bordeaux style wine will be 'good' by Christmas?

Latest posts

Back