Hello from North-east England, UK.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum. When you buy your hydrometer, by 2. The first one always ends up on the floor in more than one piece!
smiley9.gif

Hey wade,

Just sat down for 10 mins to see what is happening with the apricot. It is bubbling actually, but very slowly. So, I doubtnowthatI have a stuck fermentation, but it's just slowing down.

I've been on the verge, several times, at throwing it out. But I think the best thing I can do is walk away andjust leave it another couple of months and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for giving some sound advice to the newbie.

Dan

Hi again!
Just a small update on the Tea and Sultana if any of you are interested! The sultanas are bobbing up and down quite nicely...
20090706_131034_DSCF0459_tea.jpg

That is a very interesting carboy you have going there. It looks like three layers of sultanas. What is the label on it? Notes?

No. It's just a safety warning that comes with all the carboys sold here in the UK not to use over 40oC, etc. It has cleared further now - a very nice clear gold colour and most of the sultanas are used up and on top of the lees now.

Because the sultanas became stuck together during fermentation there, they just bobbed up and down the carboy because of the gases produced. Now however, they are all sitting at the bottom waiting for me to get rid of them and the wine is a very nice golden colour. Yum!

Welcome Daniel, as you have alreadynoticed you have tapped into a wealth of information and wine making experience in this forum. I have learned more in 6 months that I ever imagined possible.

Latest posts

Back