Dumb Okies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe and linda

Junior
Reaction score
Hey everyone, nice to be here. Linda and I have our first batch in a carboy at last. Had tempature troubles, but got it fixed by lurkin around. We've got a small backyard, with a couple of Concord vines right now. Yeah, last spring I went to our local nursery and bought the only vines they had, however I have since ordered some Vignoles vines and should have them in the ground shortly! Would post pics, but have nothin to show, YET. Thanks for the help we've already gotten, talk to ya'll later. Joe

Welcome Joe and Linda. Stop lurking and get posting! We are glad to have you here to share your experiences good and bad with us. So what is that first batch you have going?

Joe and Linda, welcome. What cha got brewin??
smiley4.gif

Hi Joe and Linda,

Welcome to the forum. We will look forward to your pictures and experiences. I've spent alot of time in Atoka, Ok..

Ramona

Thanks for the warm welcome eveyone. We are in Woodward OK, which is NW part of the state. I got the equipment kit for my birthday about a month ago, couldn't wait, so we just started with some Niagra juice. We are pretty low-tech at this point, however, as soon as my carboy is free, we intend to start another batch, and hopefully progress. Like I said, we couldn't even get this stuff fermenting, had to come to the forum and figure out I needed a heating pad. Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum. I'm running behind these days...
smiley9.gif
Working too many hours. But I should be thankful that I have a job.

On the forum so I thought I would answer. Our Niagra turned out great. I think wine must be like bread, just can't get anything in the store as good as homemade! It's been three weeks since we bottled our first batch and we're out. Got nothin left to drink after all the friends and relatives got though. As soon as we bottled the Niagra, we started some watermelon, got two gallons of Concord going, and started another five gallons, trying to duplicate the original Niagra. Can't wait to get a carboy free so I can try a White Zinfandel kit. I just can't get over how well this has worked out.

Welcome Joe and Linda, I am a Texan that has lived in Oklahoma now for 15 years. My okie friends tell me I will someday see the light and be transformed. We'll see. And by the way, I am not a longhorn fan either.

Latest posts

Back