Composite Decking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a local, family owned lumberyard on Monday to see things in larger displays as well as just look at some colors we don't already have samples of. Seems we are pretty much in agreement on color, but texture comes into play big time and we're on different planets there. :D My wife's favorite would probably be our cheapest option, but it is my least favorite. My favorite is probably the most expensive, but she can't stand it. We left there with more samples, and subsequently ordered a few others that they didn't have. Still not sure we're even going to do this, but we may have enough samples to redo part of the deck in a multi-colored trainwreck. :)

Went to a local, family owned lumberyard on Monday to see things in larger displays as well as just look at some colors we don't already have samples of. Seems we are pretty much in agreement on color, but texture comes into play big time and we're on different planets there. :D My wife's favorite would probably be our cheapest option, but it is my least favorite. My favorite is probably the most expensive, but she can't stand it. We left there with more samples, and subsequently ordered a few others that they didn't have. Still not sure we're even going to do this, but we may have enough samples to redo part of the deck in a multi-colored trainwreck. :)

Boatboy...get it right, you're gonna be looking at this stuff a LONG TIME!

Don't forget to think about the railing. Now that is where the marital bliss wheels come off the bus.

Opus

Don't forget to think about the railing. Now that is where the marital bliss wheels come off the bus.

Opus

Another large expense - Trex apparently starts at $80/linear foot. If we do this, we're going to break it up and do the railing in a year or two. Existing railing is in great shape, and breaking up the cost will ease the pain. Folks that we've talked to are tending to include replacing the top handrail with composite to match the deck though.

Another large expense - Trex apparently starts at $80/linear foot. If we do this, we're going to break it up and do the railing in a year or two. Existing railing is in great shape, and breaking up the cost will ease the pain. Folks that we've talked to are tending to include replacing the top handrail with composite to match the deck though.

I'll do your deck for $80/linear foot and throw in the railing. Might even paint your house and cut the grass a couple of times.

I've used the trex railing kit. Easy to do, looks good and is holding op fine after 4 years. Stuff is heavy though! It is on a separate deck up the hill by the vineyard. After packing boxes of balusters up a couple of times I was wishing I'd gone with redwood:slp

Latest posts

Back