Bubele frequency

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frjen

Reaction score
I just starter my wine fermentation this morning and I was a little worried at first because the airlock bubled only once every minuet and a half. But later today I looked again and now it's every two seconds. Is that to frequent ?

10 liter demy john
8 liters wine
Room temperature 23 degrees celcius

Too frequent for what? The room seems a little warm and heat speeds up the activity of yeast. Can you find a way to reduce the temperature a few degrees to about 17 or 18C ?

I was just worried that the fermentation activity was to high. I have now reduced the degrees to 18C degrees. What makes you reccomend 17 - 18 Celcius for fruit wine ?

I wouldn't worry about that temp. (mine is approx. 21 celsius when fermenting and ageing) as much as keeping tabs on your hydrometer reading(s). Bubbles are only a sign of fermentation. The only true way to tell what is going on is to take readings.
Sounds like you have things under airlock with a lid snapped on. If so, I would consider setting the lid on loosely so you can stir daily and take readings easier. Once fermented, rack to carboy and put on airlock.

I wouldn't worry about that temp. (mine is approx. 21 celsius when fermenting and ageing) as much as keeping tabs on your hydrometer reading(s). Bubbles are only a sign of fermentation. The only true way to tell what is going on is to take readings.
Sounds like you have things under airlock with a lid snapped on. If so, I would consider setting the lid on loosely so you can stir daily and take readings easier. Once fermented, rack to carboy and put on airlock.

What is the importance of stiring daily ?

What is the importance og stiring ?

You want to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed so you get an accurate reading with your hydrometer. If you know about how much alcohol you want to have in your wine, the o..g. will help you figure how sweet you want to start out. Arne.

You want the yeast and pectic enzymes in contact with your fruit as much as possible to breakdown and free all the flavor in that fruit. You stir to do that and keep the heavy lees in contact with everything else until the fermentation is close to finished (1.020 - 1.010 SG)

Latest posts

Back