Dragon Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlb

Reaction score
I am new to wine making (started in February) and i haven't posted but a few things on this board i do read all of the posts and use the great information provided on this board to help me improve my wine making skills(thanks guys and girls) I have made about 5 1 gallon batches of different concentrate fruit wines which came out pretty good and two kits so far, a Riesling and a Merlot which are bulk aging but tasted pretty good when i racked them last.

I am now going to attempt to make some Dragon Blood (thanks Dave)but wanted to change it up a little. I would like opinions on my proposed recipe for 6 gallons which deviates from Dave's buy substituting 5lbs of frozen strawberries for one of the three lbs of triple berry (Wymen's brand bought at Sam's club) everything else would remain the same as Dave's recipe.

Also is there any benefit or harm if i blend the berries in a blender before putting them in the strainer bag?

Thanks Carl

hello carl,
the sub of strawberries is a great idea...there is no benefit to blending the berries, by the time your wine gets to 1.000, there will not be but a handfull
of berrys left in the bag, it will be basically seeds.
Oh, and since your new....you might as well get some carboys on order...lol
dragon blood, vanishes very rapidly

hello carl,
the sub of strawberries is a great idea...there is no benefit to blending the berries, by the time your wine gets to 1.000, there will not be but a handfull
of berrys left in the bag, it will be basically seeds.
Oh, and since your new....you might as well get some carboys on order...lol
dragon blood, vanishes very rapidly

Thanks James,

I already have 6.8 gallon fermenter, 1 6 gallon better bottle,
9 5 gallon carboys and a bunch of 1 gallon glass jugs for trial batches. Two of the 5 gallon are currently in use with a Riesling kit and an Merlot kit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back