Bye Bye, Photobucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I refuse to take my pics from there - I still have copies of everything there on my NAS and/or hard drive. In fact, I'm feeling malicious and might just load more, to max out my storage. They are getting exactly what they want from most non-paying users, which is deletion of all their photos. Now, they have all that much more storage space that they can use for paying members.

Like I say, I spent 4 1/2 hours today downloading pix and got about 3/4 of the way through mine before the site went down. Shows how active I am online. I think PB is trying to get Amazon or eBay to buy it up, just to have that platform. Thank God two of my hobby forums have hosted their own pix since the beginning. The rest are in various states of shambles.

My worst hit was in a 10-year running car build thread on a car forum. Every single photo of my project has been blanked, and it will take a lot of work to reconstruct that. It runs to 38 pages. And I still don't have a solution to posting pix going forward, personally.

I will remove all my photos from PB when I get them all downloaded. There is language that is worrisome about photo rights in the new ToS, too. I think PB is going to go down because of this. Handled badly and overpriced. I hated all the pop-up ads but this really takes it!

The ads were horrendous, but the free price tag made that acceptable and understandable. I get that they need to make $$ and it costs a lot to host billions of images. But as you said, @jswordy , the way they went about it is f$@#d up. Let me know that in 30 days my links will die and I'll b1tch, but will get over it, and just might sign up for some sort of subscription. But do it the way they did it and its a no-brainer that most folks will give them the finger and move on.

I'd love it if they would just put the site back up here so I can get my remaining pix out. Most I have backups of, but it never hurts to get them. I'm reloading them into Google Photos. And ya know, $9.99 a month, I can do that. But $40? No. And all so I can post for free onto sites who use my activity to make money? Double no. :)

Test...
frbbz59XIXJGpkxCeIwllAqVZgBwqJE8OJT7-fJSFLSV4z2EKXq-qP-3-8qZb4qxPiSFBVf3m_ek5FqHy3vG-UfujNVnxDgVCZ3s0v5m0Nu__WPmh6N6CxQpYXVPVr_gdsBqA89KTA87zZ4tOLBQaEmWAhjtlmrcCcTslDrPUA94IJoDxT-Gfmh8dBWMtS5Xjs2kUSmeqen5a11ptzOYzZPFcLHpbBld1Hm2w3AXxQUU0j_xpbf3EObUMjC8xwiMyW0iODnUt92N-ODimlbdrRIwdUR1Oor02lDptYrA5qOR_jc9J3QBA98BR-D5SkCAiZ0rh8LjwWcmDIVkr7YySRfdKBqLVCclGGyXrRs3RwxoVGDnI4jHVbiBdHFqIzXFqqG0qz2_xnyYGdwKB4-O6hY_kQgsYg15VPvZMGDkwQ1-cNrXLnWwOzLxNRwp_zu_sHVCY4qlDhuydXGWO_pGOtiOjRZAXzZoD7CWq7GdZQhqqC1KOw2niMTZ0NR-uICVWKX5-rUNK8ueLv8rZQE-WlxkBhihzGPvE0QdxkJQWdzVaqoPYIdFXQ51KAkvzNhbZ0Tk2Y36zmFM2I05po8eDqI8kB4ZVO_80q3FXX7HZJ1hIbGYnULj9ENh=w640-h480-no

WOOT! Google Photo.

How I did this:

1.) Call up single image in Google Photo.
2.) Right click on image.
3.) Click "Copy Image Location."
4.) Come over here and type .
5.) Paste the image location immediately after that.
6.)Type. Should look like
6. Preview or Submit.

Last edited:
And wow, all these years and I never knew this forum had a direct upload feature. Yep!

Click the paperclip. Browse for file. Upload it. Close window. Go back to paperclip. Click on file shown there. Attach it. Done. The pix run big and it looks like they may be vertically challenged, but it gets it done.

blackberry 003.jpg

And wow, all these years and I never knew this forum had a direct upload feature. Yep!

Click the paperclip. Browse for file. Upload it. Close window. Go back to paperclip. Click on file shown there. Attach it. Done. The pix run big and it looks like they may be vertically challenged, but it gets it done.

I thought that was the only way to do it. I wondered why people would use another location for the images, but then again, this is the only forum I am on, I could see having a central location if you are on several of them. Guess I need to expand my horizons, just don't want to fall off the edge or anything.

I thought that was the only way to do it. I wondered why people would use another location for the images, but then again, this is the only forum I am on, I could see having a central location if you are on several of them. Guess I need to expand my horizons, just don't want to fall off the edge or anything.

Yep, I am on several. It was an easy way to post pix. Some forums only allow third-party links, so it's the only way there. I still have about 25% of my shots on PB, and they are being stingy about letting go of them. You can get one album download before they quit on you. I suspect they are trying to slow down a mass rush to the doors.

I am still trying to figure out how to third-party link the Google pics to get them to come up in the frame as a photo and not a link. Help?

Yep, I jump through hoops for that also.

Here is how I do it.

1. In Google Photos. Click on the photo. ( I was at the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) today)
2. Click on the share button.
GAQ0Y0j.png

3. Click on the "Get Link" button.
GAQ1npC.png

4. Click Copy.
GAQ1Q8z.png

5. Paste that in a new URL address bar, then click on the image when it appears to make it full screen.
6. Right click on the image and choose copy image address (in Google Chrome anyhow)
7. Use that address as the image address you are using to paste the image address. (below is the ARRL radio station (W1AW )I was at today)

8ggkcVIPyzmpujQBI4cAe3SrWemlmh4yjzCXSULNuhL44RMRx7lewnt0jvUSGcXxR9kHFCeEybuacyW-OHdSuM9MVFeMjDSt-pdjpko-6wSCWc9VwZFcik5WHzdOW6XJnorjmiFVFM7bwcU5O9xkBbT9aSphnE_x1ZmuavfcNL9KU8HSZamBOl7m4vrPv_2WJNcuvel_upQ7Ig_EtmmohAoMbJ-84ikanhr6vVsBMzVXeNlYgjk0UTZDWyzjA_a7p5VSy-Uir2jokKp34VZM3_uYNc7Z6rMdczxKl4SVL_dJXdprrqPpIbZ5likg0QtOPpUSNKRzAz4p1fXFZSs3hhsHlo2oWhB2eTvlfER_8euXfb-aHvT_AeC_4tlG-f3zRBO2c7Fwl4bF5myIorBEUPLaTA-Ip4wCMX8ax5AUC-__d8lwTLrxd9o8_bVNS_2VEEa4wWkyIZur0DwQPF7jZqfpsLeGv0Eq7u8Sj6tYC5NFnfY9UrxZz5wumDXMq_nnBJYw08eSpZ9-iMRmW6c5tdNJP9pPqw2hrGtZuzSgIauEksup-xOQl8DwjjRjM2bok-AqmwbcZW39H566wafLpLA-418gEJpVKpo4yEB9YNrgk4lDLFW_xqW2N_jqe0cZxFkaWJAOMVDiOnPhdWBe_z4aB2NKOIBc_9MoQLcbaC3Jvn4=w1299-h974-no

Thanks, David. I independently figured that out myself on PC. Still trying to figure out how to get it to work on Mac. And I am trying to figure out something that will work universally across forums, since I am on several. Man.

Last edited:
I could have written the original post almost word for word... I backed up all my photos from photobucket and deleted my account. Pure BS in my opinion and complete greed. I have a feeling photobucket will go the way of 'my space' for those of you that remember pre-FaceBook times :p I use Flickr for posting online and was transitioning over when PB pulled the rug out.

Latest posts

Back