Honey With Raspberry ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
My friend who I get raspberries (farm) from gave me some of his honey from his beehive. Do you think blending the honey (sugar substitute) with the raspberry will make a nice wine?

Thanks<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I just purchased 30lbs of raspberry honey and am going to add some fresh picked blueberries to make a nice wine. From what I hear, raspberry honey ranks right up there with orange blossom honey for taste.

I have used honey with choke cherries and with plums, they can use a little more time in the bottle, but at this point they areawesome...So go for it , You won't be sorry....Unless you don't make enough...GOOD LUCK

I made a raspberry melomel and it is awesome so yes it makes a very good wine.My recipe is down below in My Link</font> if you are interested.

From what I have heard, raspberries and honey make a very nice wine (mead of melomel). I just started one yesterday. Mine is based on a wine I found at the following link...

http://beerrecipes.org/showrecipe.php?recipeid=850

...my procedure was a little different andI used blackberries and red raspberries, but the idea is the same. If you want I can post what I did exactly (I only made a 1 gal batch)

That recipe is what I used on my first round and then i adjusted up with the fruit to my liking.

Sorry I was away, wine judge training

I don't have the recipes yet, I will probably use my raspberry recipes from lastyear I got a silver medal with it. I may also add some rubarb or make a rubarb wine and blend it at the end. I will post the recipes when I make up my mind. Thanks for the replies.

Wade you got nice wine recipe thanks

Latest posts

Back