2015 Bordeaux Futures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgallamo

Reaction score
Looks like there might be a few potential values for the first time in years. Anyone going to take a shot?

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with any wine merchants in the Atlanta area? Total wine?

Looks like there might be a few potential values for the first time in years. Anyone going to take a shot?

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with any wine merchants in the Atlanta area? Total wine?

My local wine merchant had some pretty good futures offerings in January, ordered quite a few, this one looked pretty solid at under $23/bottle, got two cases reserved...........K&L has some nice prices, if they ship to your state.

IMG_0797.jpg

Back at the office this morning I dug up my order sheet, these are the futures I felt were worth taking a chance on. The ratings were all barrel tastings by Parker, I ordered a few of each:

Chateau Bellevue St. Emilion Grand Cru 93-95 $42
Chateau Brane Cantenac Margaux 2nd Growth 93-95 $65
Chateau d'Armailhac Pauillac 89-91 Magnum $85
Chateau d'Issan Margaux 93-95 $60
Chateau DuTertre Margaux 91-93 $35
Chateau Ferriere Margaux 90-92 $35
Chateau Giscours Margaux 94-96 $50
Chateau Lynch Bages Pauillac 93-95 Magnum $235 ( had to have a LB!)
Chateau Malescot St Exupery Margaux 93-95 $48
Chateau Pichon Baron Pauillac 96-98 Magnum $260
plus the St Christophe from above

If the barrel ratings hold or increase, they'll all be really good buys, if they drop a bit, maybe not so much, but still decent value for the wines. Risky business, fingers crossed......

Thanks for that list. Now we can come back in 3 years and assess your investments. The Giscours was the one I was really intrigued by when reading Parker (and others). I think he said he thought it could be the equal of the '61 he had just tasted prior to the barrel tasting. If it turns out to be a 96 or better, would be nice to have a case ;)

Thanks for that list. Now we can come back in 3 years and assess your investments. The Giscours was the one I was really intrigued by when reading Parker (and others). I think he said he thought it could be the equal of the '61 he had just tasted prior to the barrel tasting. If it turns out to be a 96 or better, would be nice to have a case ;)

If it turns out to be 96 or better, rest assured you won't be able to get it for the same price it's offered today!! I was a little shaky on the Giscours, this would be the highest rated one since 1961 if it holds. I only reserved two bottles of the Giscours..............

Latest posts

Back