Ready for Snowmageddon??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forget I live at ~7000ft EL and July is monsoon season so sunny in the AM and T-Storms in the PM. Daytime highs in July are around 82-85.

Get your golf game in the morning, showers (and lightening) can start to roll in by lunch time. :sm

th

According to a teenage looking announcer on the Weather Channel this is not Snowmageddon II. Rather, we are facing, wait for it...... Bombogensis!

But at least bombogenesis is apparently a real term with a definition, i.e., a drop of 1 millibar per hour for 24 hours. This one is scheduled for a 29 mb drop.

Just wanted to set the record straight :)

We are suppose to get about 12" but I'll wait and see.

Tonights weather forecast from ABQ says for the next 7 days we will be 17-20 degrees warmer than normal for this time of year. I can just see the Marquette pushing by the weekend but we have 2 more months until we are out of the late Spring freeze possibilities!

Oh be quiet over there Mike......... :)

Last edited:
Looks like we are on track to finish up with 18". We had about 12" today, and looking at half again as much tomorrow. Probably even more where I am close to the Lake. So not as far from your 21" as I expected.

Middle maryland. Dont have cable so I had to have someone tell me there was a storm coming. Made about 5#s of pulled pork bread and started a strawberry wine. Opened a bottlee of whiskey tonight I got for grandma. It had a tax stamp on it from 1980. Have one from 1970. Wished it aged like wine.

Did the 3 feet of snow in February. No thx. Had to make a track around the yard with my snowblower so the dog had someplace to run off energy.

It will start as snow/wind here around 4pm, change to heavy rain/100km wind by 8pm and mostly be done by 1am. Snow 15cm, Rain 30-40 mm. Hopefully I will wake up to a wet ground and clean vehicle with no snow in sight.

Time to start my Eclipse Cab

cheers

Well it looks like the weather has improved its aim on us. Blizzard warning takes effect in about an hour and lasts until Wed evening. Storm total now around 2 feet or so...............I hope they are wrong again.

Looks like they were wrong here - at least mostly. Got 2+ inches of sleet it appears so far - it was supposed to be heavy snow overnight. Looks like we will have a couple inches of snow by this afternoon though. Kind of a dud here - a messy dud, but a dud nonetheless. It'll be far worse north/west of here though.

Upon further review, it looks like I'm in a very small section that has been almost all sleet/ice, surrounded by areas that are snow. Just a mile or two away, it looks like has been most or all snow.

Our neighbors moved overseas last summer and left their snowblower with us. Thought I'd have a chance to use it (even fired it up after work last night). Looks like I'll be chopping my way out instead. :(

Lol, well we were suppose to have 1 - 3" by this morning, we didn't even get a dusting!

Apparently the storm went up the Chesapeake instead of the coast, which moved many of us into the sleet area. I'd rather have the snow than the ice sheet covering my house. I'm looking at the wind whipping around and not looking forward to trying to clear the driveway later.

Ice on top of snow, the old dilemma of seeing if the snowblower works best or good old fashioned shovel. I have 120 feet of driveway, I think I will stay under the comforter a bit longer.

Bring it on! Cuz that's just what we do here in Erie..

Here's a little bit of the tip of this mornings iceberg that we ride 5 mos out of the year.

20170314_075547.jpg

Latest posts

Back