RJ Spagnols Spagnols 2015 LR Announced

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't remember them announcing so early in the year. I definitely got excited when I saw the email come in though. As for the kits, the two later released kits sound most interesting to me.

Josh

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

The only one I'm possibly interested in is the Anglianico. I'm not familiar with Anglianico, but the description sounds good. :D

Ditto on the Anglianico. I found out about it in the newsletter from Florida.

Aglianico

Aglianico
Aglianico is a good quality, robust red wine from southern Italy. In its youth, it’s very tannic and acidic, so it requires many years to become smooth and enjoyable on the palate. It has great balance with subtle fruit flavors and hints of earthiness, tar, coffee and chocolate. Aglianico complements rich meat and game dishes.

WELL THAT'S THE GENERIC VERSION NOTICE THE TIME LINE,THINK ABOUT IT,ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THE MFG. HAS CUT THROUGH THAT PART WITH THERE BLENDED CONCENTRATE ,DOES THAT MAKE IT ANY BETTER THEN SAY , AMARONE,SANGIOVESE,BOROLO ,OR A GOOD SPANISH TAMPRANELLO,I DON'T THINK SO AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE,ON THE OTHER HAND THE WHITES LOOK OUTSTANDING AND BLENDS I CAN BELIEVE IN.:br:br:br:br:br:br:br:br:br JUST MY THOUGHTS.:i

They are growing some Aglianico down South from me in Deming, NM and they brought up some bottles for us to try at last years NM Vine and Wine Conference. It was VERY good. If you like to try wines you have not ever had before this should be a great one with some aging on it.

northernbrewer.com has started carrying RJS. They are local to me, so that saves on shipping. When they have a sale, it meets or beats the all-in cost for me.

If you look at FVW homesite it states the kits are going to be 107.99$ plus 9.99 shipping -total 117 for me -the place from florida shipping is 30 to san antonio, plus 89 for the kit -makes it 119 for me.... so far im sticking with George but waiting to see what Doug's prices will be of course :)

northernbrewer.com has started carrying RJS. They are local to me, so that saves on shipping. When they have a sale, it meets or beats the all-in cost for me.

They're an hour and a half from me. If the sale prices were deep enough, it could be worth a few hours and $24 in gas to stock up on some kits.

Which direction? There is brew masters in Sheboygan. I got the RJS Super Tuscan from them for $110, and it sells for $100 from Florida. I was on my way to Appleton, so stopping there was easy.

Which direction? There is brew masters in Sheboygan. I got the RJS Super Tuscan from them for $110, and it sells for $100 from Florida. I was on my way to Appleton, so stopping there was easy.

The other direction, lost in the suburbs between Chicago and Rockford.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at FVW homesite it states the kits are going to be 107.99$ plus 9.99 shipping -total 117 for me -the place from florida shipping is 30 to san antonio, plus 89 for the kit -makes it 119 for me.... so far im sticking with George but waiting to see what Doug's prices will be of course :)

Maybe I'm on the wrong page, but FVW states $139.94 for the reds.

Maybe I'm on the wrong page, but FVW states $139.94 for the reds.

Yesterday, the home page had $107, but when you looked at the actual product, the prices were higher. I sent an email asking about it, but haven't heard back. Today, the prices are no longer on the home page.

Just bumping this to see if anyone has been able to find a good deal these kits?

Haven't really looked yet. I'm waiting to see what Kenridge and WinExpert come up with.

Haven't really looked yet. I'm waiting to see what Kenridge and WinExpert come up with.

I will most likely pick up WE's Limited Editions as well. I've never made a Kenridge kit, where do you get them and what are your thoughts compared to RJ's WE and CC?

CC is now Kenridge. I've made LR from all but Mosti now and I've been happy with all of them. My favorite so far is the 2012 CC (now Kenridge) Red Mountain Trio. But that may be simply because it is the oldest one I have.

So far,( 1 1/2 years and 14 kits) my fave was the California grand red 2013. I actually seem to prefer my kenridge or over wineexpert rq this year. although both are still too young to know how it will end up. I haven't done the mosti limiteds at all.

Back