Hello from Wisconsin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejapan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My wife and I harvested our first batch of Frontenac grapes last fall from vines I started four years ago from cuttings. We have fifteen gallons in secondary's now and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions coming soon.

Hi Mikejapan. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your first batch of wine. :b

Welcome to the forum

Feel free to let the questions fly, as they arise
How many Frontenac plants?

I have 25 Frontenacs and a few wild vines that I plan on experimenting with some grafting when they are mature enough. Last year I started some Mars, venessa, and marquis from cuttings as I'd like to get some table grapes going. I also started about 30 Foch cuttings but will probably give them away because I do all the work by hand and I don't want to get too big. I really enjoy watching the cuttings as they mature.

Welcome to the forum. Go Pack go, I get up that way about once a year for a game.
My Frontenacs are in their third year. Looking for a small harvest this fall.
From what I am reading, you got 15 gallons of wine from 25, 6 year old plants?

Actually, they were 4 years and it was our 1st crop so I probably tried to keep too many clusters. We should end up with about 14 gallons after racking. I will have to buy some kind of netting also because the robins love them when they ripen.

Actually, they were 4 years and it was our 1st crop so I probably tried to keep too many clusters. We should end up with about 14 gallons after racking. I will have to buy some kind of netting also because the robins love them when they ripen.

Birds can clear out a vineyard pretty quick.:cw

Welcome to a great forum! Lots of good people and information here.. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back