New from Central Connecticut

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgerv1

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,
My names Brandon, I'm a college senior finishing up an Environmental Science concentration in geology degree. been fascinated by wine and beer making from an early age. I respected it as an art even before I could legally drink. My grandfather was making his own wines at an early age but, stopped because of old age before I was born. I started trying his recipes that he left in a log book. First try is apple wine where you can see up to date progress in a separate thread. My overall dream is to open up my own winery. Hope to look forward to reading learning alot from everyone...

God bless

-Brandon ..

Welcome to the forum

We share the same dream
Good luck with your grandpa's recipes - if you have any questions, dont be scared to ask away

Thank you :) should be interesting because I'm adding my own touch because He never used a hydrometer.. I'm not really sure how he checked his wine or anything like that hahaha... He was probably like "Yup 7 lbs of sugar seams good" lol .

Welcome! Finally getting some more CT blood in here! Still not enough of us to beat the PA people.

Where in CT? I'm in Haddam.

Welcome, Brandon. We are glad to have you aboard. It is unfortunate that you did not have the opportunity to make wine with your Grandfather. Making wine with mine is one of my fondest childhood memories.

Back