Changing whether effect on wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask the question here, Is there any kind of effect it shows on the wine while making, I mean the preparation gets affected by the changes in the temperature of fermenter and that is why it is very important for me to know that it happens or not??

Temperature has the largest effect. Sometimes a good storm can change the pressure enough to suck in or blow out the liquid in an airlock.

Pressure and temperature changes can have an effect on sulfite in wine. Warmer temps. will allow sediment in suspension in your wine to drop. Cooler temps, more specifically will allow for the dropping out of tartartic acid and some tannin.

Low atmospheric pressure makes degassing easier, so if there's a storm on the way that's the time to do it!

Temperature has the largest effect. Sometimes a good storm can change the pressure enough to suck in or blow out the liquid in an airlock.

I agree, however pressure changes are not a factor if you keep your wine vessles topped off. As far as temp changes, just keep the wine in the basement (the most consistant temps in the house.

Pressure and temperature changes can have an effect on sulfite in wine. Warmer temps. will allow sediment in suspension in your wine to drop. Cooler temps, more specifically will allow for the dropping out of tartartic acid and some tannin.

Cooler temps, more specifically will allow for the dropping out of tartartic acid and some tannin.

Yes exactly the same situation is happened to my wine and I am not getting the idea of why my segment is not getting the acidic effect !!

Now, the thing is clear to me and would like to know the ways of avoiding this to my wine segment.

Latest posts

Back