jam and jelly wine....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love deer meat, I usually make 50-60 lbs of jerky every year. I don't hunt myself anymore not psychically able to anymore, but my jerky is kinda local famous. I have 4-5 guys that bring me meat, I jerk it and split the jerky. works out great for me and them lol

Started my second batch of Jam&Jelly using the three gallons of frozen must from the first batch I had removed to get the SG into range.

So 3 gallons and I added water to 5 gallons, then had to added 3.5 pounds of sugar for an SG of 1.08. Pulled the bag of skins from my Bravado and added a cup of medium toast french oak, a teaspoon of tannin, and about a half a pound of rasions and currents I had laying around. Pitched the bag into the bucket with a package of 4x4 yeast....she is starting to simmer now.

Plan on adding the Peach and Vanilla flavoring to the first batch and bottle this week end.

Started my second batch of Jam&Jelly using the three gallons of frozen must from the first batch I had removed to get the SG into range.

So 3 gallons and I added water to 5 gallons, then had to added 3.5 pounds of sugar for an SG of 1.08. Pulled the bag of skins from my Bravado and added a cup of medium toast french oak, a teaspoon of tannin, and about a half a pound of rasions and currents I had laying around. Pitched the bag into the bucket with a package of 4x4 yeast....she is starting to simmer now.

Plan on adding the Peach and Vanilla flavoring to the first batch and bottle this week end.

this batch is also mehhhh at best...not quite bad enough to dump...but I am gonna try to reclaim the bottles by mixing big batches of Pool Punch! Oh, the Peach and Vanilla flavorings turned out to be oil based...that dog don't hunt at all.

Latest posts

Back