Vineco Kenridge Showcase Degassing and stabilising instructions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPR

Reaction score
I have just made a few of the Kenridge showcase kits (French merlot and amarone) and on the instructions under stages 3 and 4 it's says add kieselsol one day and then leave it until the next day to add chitonsan and another kieselsol

This is a bit of a pain for sanitation reasons and Winexpert for example kits do this in one stage

I have actually just added kieselsol and left for a few hours and then added the chitonsan but just wondered if anyone has any xperience with these kits and thoughts??

I haven't ever done one of these kits, but general instructions for using super kleer are add the first, wait one to 24 hours, add the second. They don't usually have you add a second kieselol. But maybe the maker of the kit has found their kits clear better if you do it that way.

I usually go with, when in doubt, follow kit instructions.

Kieselsol is used to remove positively charged materials in the wine and Chitosan is used to remove negatively charged materials. I have only made one Kenridge Showcase wine because they are had for me to get other than to order on-line and I will say that it was one of the best wine kits I have ever made. Manufacturers instructions vary and I assume they have a reason for it. In any case, I would suggest following the instructions. It sounds to me like they are giving the wine a 1-2-1 punch in order to more effectively remove all extraneous materials.

Latest posts

Back