What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sweet Cherry and the Apple Cherry are fermenting nicely. I am getting good reviews on the Cab Merlot.

It's pizza and wine night, and boy do I need it....

My fav glass and the last of the plum blackberry. Chilling watching tv with the daughter. Going to bottle 6gal of mead later.

image-3394220342.jpg

cutting the grass, then some db and ice, while laying in the pool, later have some rib eyes and baked potatoe..stuffed to the gills .
ohh...and having more db.

Picked Rose Chafers and weeded in the morning, prepped 20 new trellis posts and got 4 end posts planted before I burned out for the day.

Glad everyone is enjoying some DB this summer. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! :tz

Working today (I do most of my posting from work), but yesterday I bottled my wife's Green Apple Riesling (she loves that sweet stuff!) and my Rosso Fortissimo (which has bulk ages since last October). I had an extra large WMP of the Fortissimo left over (wine maker's portion), which is tasting very good! Next year, it should by excellent!

Today I got to use my new Stainless Steel vacuum bottling device from Valley Vintner. http://valleyvintner.com/wine/VB-10-1005.html I absolutely love it! I bottled 5 gallons of Vidal Ice wine into splits, Bottled 8 gallons of Cranberry-Crabapple, 6 gallons California Sauvignon Blanc and 6 gallons of California Pinot Grigio. It is real nice to be able to filter, bottle and cork all at the same time.

That thing is cool! Using it sounds like a whole lot more fun than power washing the siding and windows.

Bottle another 6 gallons of Cranberry Pomegranate and racked 3 gallons of Sweet Cherry. The Apple Cherry is still fermenting and is down to 1.030. Trying a different yeast this time around....

Picking up the new wine rack today, and going to try to bottle whats left of the Pinot Grigio, it is a big hit, 1 gallon of it "vanished"....lol

Today I got to use my new Stainless Steel vacuum bottling device from Valley Vintner. http://valleyvintner.com/wine/VB-10-1005.html I absolutely love it! I bottled 5 gallons of Vidal Ice wine into splits, Bottled 8 gallons of Cranberry-Crabapple, 6 gallons California Sauvignon Blanc and 6 gallons of California Pinot Grigio. It is real nice to be able to filter, bottle and cork all at the same time.

Phil that unit is awesome. I have always said there is nothing like bottling and filtering in the same step. That is basically the Enalmatic nozzel but in SS. A number of other folks on here bought just the SS nozzel and made the stand for it looking almost just like yours. Still waiting for my shipment from France. :h

I dumped 30 bottles of California Chardonnay back into the carboy today. This was bottled 2 months ago and decided to go though a MLF in the bottle. I'll let it sit for 3-4 weeks and then chromatography test on it.

Phil that unit is awesome. I have always said there is nothing like bottling and filtering in the same step. That is basically the Enalmatic nozzel but in SS. A number of other folks on here bought just the SS nozzel and made the stand for it looking almost just like yours. Still waiting for my shipment from France. :h

Dan, you're killing me! I am guessing its some fancy new French ebulliometer. You have been wanting one since I met you!

I racked 50 gallons of Chilean Malbec and 50 gallons of Chilean Carmenere off of the raisins and oak this morning. Thanks to Joeswine and Runningwolfe I think I might have made my best wine yet! Joe advised the raisins and tannin in the secondary allowing fermentation to restart, Dan advised the required acid adjustments. This wine is incredible! I am happy I will have 250 bottles of each to enjoy!

I was able to get into about 80% of my vineyard with the lawn tractor. The rest is still too muddy. Almost all the water is gone. It sure looks a lot better but I know this is just temporary as the weeds are going to keep growing.

Our flood has finally receded and I have all pumps up and running. Had to cancel week one of vacation but I am sitting by the camper right now enjoying a glass of merlot. Also first post ever from iPad. Got a new toy!

Latest posts

Back