Other 2015 Limited Releases - What's Going in Your Fermenter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Yes, it's early. But my kit winemaking for 2014 is done, so I'm already looking forward to 2015. I'm a little constrained on LR wines because my Winery Series Super Tuscan supply is already lower than I'd like, so I need to do another. And though I haven't REALLY started drinking it yet, my Jan 2013 Red Mountain Cab needs to be replaced (I'm concerned that kit may go the way of the Yakima Syrah, with the VineCo buyout). I'm limiting myself to 4 red kits next year, leaving me with only two available LR wines. WinExpert to the rescue! They were kind enough to put a Super Tuscan into their LR lineup. So I'll do that, instead of the Winery Series. I'll likely do the Shiraz-Viognier as well, along with the RJS Anglianico. So, there you have my 2015 kit wines in a nutshell (subject to edit, of course ;) )

WE Limited Edition Super Tuscan
WE Limited Edition Shiraz Viognier
RJS RQ Italian Anglianico

CC/Kenridge Red Mountain Cabernet (Non LR)

Last edited:
I will be picking one white and one red for this year. I have narrowed it down to two options for each.

Whites - WE Trio Blanca or the RQ Spain Vino Blanco
Reds - WE Super Tuscan or the Vineco Brunello Style

The only other one that is tempting me is the Vineco Pinot Noir but I still have the WE 2013 Pinot Noir to do so probably not.

If you made me pick at this very moment, I would take the Vino Blanco and the WE Super Tuscan.

-Josh

Two Passports for me: Pinot Gris and Petit Verdot. Not that some of the other LE's don't look interesting it's just that I already have similar things aging.

I'm a little constrained on LR wines because my Winery Series Super Tuscan supply is already lower than I'd like, so I need to do another.

you say what? :d

For me with such a good wine, would be "gone with the wind" :w

I am also looking to the WE Super Tuscan, even though my fresh grapes I am buying for the fall would make a Super Tuscan style (Sangio, Cab Sav and Merlot 4/2/1).

I have found that the 3 wines I drink the most are
Pinot Noir
Super Tuscan
Brunello

If I can get my hands on anything close to these they will go in!

As Boatboy said, "Wine Expert to the rescue."
The lineup for 2015 wasn't looking to good to me from RJS and only a little better from CC but now the game changes for me. Here's my plan so far.
Jan. CC Brunello X2
Feb. WE Triumph
Mar. CC Volcanic Red
Mar. WE Trio Blanco
Apr. WE Super Tuscan

I usually do a Spanish blend each year from one of the limited offerings but don't see that anyone offered one this year. Any speculation why?

whats on tap

OKAY don't laugh but I have been asked to do a cheap $44.00 super Tuscan from amazon, if I can take this base concentrate and develop it into a 12.99 bottle of wine that will be something to talk about, you remember the sangiovese, well were going on that train of thought .I should have it this week and start it next on line, also the SHARAZ/viognier blend is outstanding you should make this one .:spm

Joe, defintely keep us posted! I just ordered the same Blackberry Zinfandel you showed the other day, hoping I can take it to the next level...

Latest posts

Back