Other Ooooops!! Cornucopia White Peach Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
I just started my Cornucopia White Peach Sauvignon Blanc,
I was going to add 2 1/2 lbs of sugar upfront Like I usually do to with these quick drinker and dumped the whole 4 lbs in :)
added a little of the fruit pack up front but not much. First Gravity reading was 1.090 and Im not sure the sugar was completely dissolved before I took the first reading. Going down to stir and take another reading (Blush) Yep its still 1.090

No problem, just a little higher ABV (12%) is all. Likely not enough to unbalance the wine. You may even like it better! I usually add 3 to 4 pounds to my RJ Spagnol Orchard Breezin' summer wine kits.

Just make sure you stir the heck out of the must, so there is no layering going on.

Just curious, do you bottle your mist kits or do you bag them? I generally just bag mine with the Wine-On-Tap setup. The wine goes so fast I am glad I don't have to bottle it every time. I like to make a white and a red. I set the two out at parties so people have a choice. They don't last very long.

Good luck!

Thanks Robie, Good to know. Just will get a little more buzz per glass lol. I bottle them but If I get to where Im making 40 gallon trash cans full I will box them. lol. We will see how it gos.

Robie, I have not tried the Orchard Breezin yet. Was getting ready to order a kit. Which one does your family like the most

Robie, I have not tried the Orchard Breezin yet. Was getting ready to order a kit. Which one does your family like the most

We really like the Sangria with Seville Oranges. I have made 4 or 5 of them and keep getting requests for more.

The Peach Chardonnay was also well liked.
The first I made was the Banana/Pineapple Viogier. It was also good.

The Blackcherry Pinot Noir is the one where I lost track of a bottle of it, then found and tried it one year later. It was much, much better than a couple months after I made it.

My favorite has to be the BlackCherry Pinot after one year.

I think if you pick the one with thet fruit you like and the base wine type, you will like it.

I haven't made any of the WE mist wines, but I am sure they are very similar.

I have the Choc Raspberry port, about 5 bottles let and they are over 3 years old now. They just keep getting better and better.

We really like the Sangria with Seville Oranges. I have made 4 or 5 of them and keep getting requests for more.

The Peach Chardonnay was also well liked.
The first I made was the Banana/Pineapple Viogier. It was also good.

The Blackcherry Pinot Noir is the one where I lost track of a bottle of it, then found and tried it one year later. It was much, much better than a couple months after I made it.

My favorite has to be the BlackCherry Pinot after one year.

I think if you pick the one with thet fruit you like and the base wine type, you will like it.

I haven't made any of the WE mist wines, but I am sure they are very similar.

I have the Choc Raspberry port, about 5 bottles let and they are over 3 years old now. They just keep getting better and better.

Have you tried the Watermelon White Merlot?

Have you tried the Watermelon White Merlot?

Nope. Sounds good, though.

I really don't like the sorbate taste much; I seem to be able to taste it pretty readily. All sweet kits seem to be loaded with it. I also am not that crazy about how sweet these summer wine kits seem to be.

So, on the last Sangria with Seville oranges, I held back about 1/3 of the F pack and didn't use that part at all. The result was a little less sweet and for me personally, I think I like it a little better.

Oh, I also added about one pound of craisins to it during primary. It seemed to give it a slightly better mouthfell, but I don't have any from the last batch for comparison.

I add some up front and at the end. Seems to have worked out well here. Cant keep my son, Niecies, Sisters, and Nephews out of it. I gotta keep this cheap stuff around to keep them out of my good aging dryer wins which is my fav. I do enjoy a little sweetness after dinner in my wine. I love Skeeter pee lol. Thanks for the tips robie Plus Im proud when they go nuts over it. lol

Tess, We have done the Watermelon White Merlot and the Peach Chardonnay. They were both excellent. I actually have a second batch of the watermelon in the carboy now. Wife says she likes the peach the best so far. I also have the lemon tangerine sauvignon blanc kit, but as yet I haven't started that yet. We add about 4 lbs of sugar in the primary and full f-pack after racking. As Robie says, let your taste preferences guide you and you will do well.

I bought the Watermelon White Merlot this morning

Been following the directions on this. Its still in the primary and coming along slowly. Directions say "after 5 days verify gravity it between 1.020 and 1.000.
If not wait a day or two until it is. Well its been a three days and its still not. I guess the directions never anticipated all that extra sugar I added lol.
Its been at 1.310. I think Im reading it right. Think it might be stuck. I'll see if it go's down anymore today

It is going down so its not stuck. I just gotta be patient!!

Latest posts

Back