Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Fab what kinda telephoto lense do you have???

Ha! Yes you might say that. First image was taken through a 4" refracting telescope, focal length around 650mm. The remaining three were taken through a 10" schmidt cassegrain telescope, focal length around 2800mm. These are timed exposures, most go a few hours long and require accurate tracking to account for the earth's rotation.

I guess I like hobbies that require a lot of patience. :D

FABulousWines said:
Ha! Yes you might say that. First image was taken through a 4" refracting telescope, focal length around 650mm. The remaining three were taken through a 10" schmidt cassegrain telescope, focal length around 2800mm. These are timed exposures, most go a few hours long and require accurate tracking to account for the earth's rotation.

That's very cool

I have a 2400mm canon EF lens I can take good pics of moon craters

Haven't taken pics in a while I should pic it up again.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I bought an acre in the mountains and built this simple observatory. It is basically a 10 x 16 shed with a roof that rolls off. I am thinking of digging a wine cellar at this location.

2011-07-31_15-11-51_846.jpg

2011-07-31_15-14-54_777.jpg

A couple years ago I bought an acre in the mountains and built this simple observatory. It is basically a 10 x 16 shed with a roof that rolls off. I am thinking of digging a wine cellar at this location.

2011-07-31_15-11-51_846.jpg

2011-07-31_15-14-54_777.jpg

A roof that rolls off! WOW !!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!

An old barn near Watkins Glen NY. I spent the last 3 days with my wife and son touring rural western New York and North central Pennsylvania. I loved the John Deere with the soup can over the exhaust hanging out of the door of this old barn. I imagine the tractor needs a battery and the farmer parks it there to drift start it.

IMG_3321_2_3_fused.jpg

FAB,

Amazing, Simply AMAZING!!!!!

One piece of advice: Combine the two hobbies by sipping some wine while you wait for the exposure to complete.

Latest posts

Back