Which wine filter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zack67360

Reaction score
I noted in my bottled wine some sediment, so have decided I need to purchase a filter. The two I am considering is the Buon Vino mini-jet and the cheaper hand crank Vinbrite MK III. I am aware the best solution is to let the wine set in carboys for a year, but that just doesn't happen. I have had to step up production to keep myself and friends/family in wine when they come to visit. So, any advice on which filter to purchase would be appreciated. Also, do you filter the wine when racking, or when bottling?
Thanks in advance,
zack

I personally would go with the All In one bottler and add the fliter set up to it. Then you are covered for everything from degassing, racking, bottling and filtering and without leaks unlike most other types of filter units!

Can you provide a link? I did a search for all in one bottler and come up with floor jacks. I would definetly like to check into one, but dependant on price. Thanks.
z

Damn Phil that is the question I wanted to ask you yesterday as to what you were bottling with. Before I bought the Enolmatic filler and filter I had the buon Vino Mini Jet. It filtered great but leaked like crazy and that all it did (filter) for about $200.00 in most places. I now have the Enolmatic filler and filter and do it all in one step and it works fantastic for an investment of about $600-$700.00. Now for $200 you can buy the "All In One" and he'll help get you sat up with a filter also so you can do it all at the same time. My filter cartidges are $40-50 each. I bet the ones for the All in one are only a few bucks. If I was to do it all over again today, I would buy the All in One and invest the rest of the money in quality test equipment like the Vinmetrica and carboys.

Thanks for the link chiumanfu, very helpful. I have been in contact with Steve and will probably go with his set up. Are there any videos using his system for bottling? Thanks to all who have helped with my question.
z

Thanks for the link chiumanfu, very helpful. I have been in contact with Steve and will probably go with his set up. Are there any videos using his system for bottling? Thanks to all who have helped with my question.
z

The video is on the website - showing all 3 processs including bottling . The only thing it does not show is filtering process.

If the video does not show up - please let me know as I can redirect you to ther places as well ( the video does not work well with Iphone - yet )

http://allinonewinepump.com/

Thanks Steve, for some reason I cannot get the videos to work on your website, I imagine it has something to do with my security software I'm running. I find this to be the case with many videos and pictures; but have not had a problem with spyware, worms, trojans or virus's , so I leave the settings where they are. I would appreciate giving me the links to the other sites and see if I can view them that way.
Regards,
z

Well Zack - it was nice talking to you and we figured out what the problem was - he has a slow internet connection.

I am sending him a cd so he can view the video

You did make a nice tutorial the only thing you left out was how you gained all your knowledge and where to purchase all that equipment from (WADE).
It is easier to attempt to duplicate someone elses idea rather than developing your own.

You have to make more than 1 batch of wine before you can be considered a winemaker. (LOL)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all thier input. I have ordered one of Steves' all in one pumps and the recommended house filter today and cannot wait to try them out. I have 2 carboys sitting here ready to rack, then bottle :se

You did make a nice tutorial the only thing you left out was how you gained all your knowledge and where to purchase all that equipment from (WADE).
It is easier to attempt to duplicate someone elses idea rather than developing your own.

You have to make more than 1 batch of wine before you can be considered a winemaker. (LOL)

That's kind of a mean post don't you think? I'm just trying to give back to the community by organizing all the knowledge I've gained from threads all over this forum into one concise post. No where do I claim to be any kind of expert or have all the right answers. If you actually read the article, you would see that I claim the opposite. As well, you will see that I gave WadeE kudos in two places.

I'm not sure where this hostility is coming from Steve, but it is definitely not appreciated.

I hope you are right. It's often hard to grasp the tone of a post and if I did misread, I wholeheartedly apologize... but every time I reread it, it sounds hostile.

Back