Hello from California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro71bird

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is George and I have a 2009 Cabernet in the barrel. It's been alot of fun and somewhat of an addiction as I find myself wanting to learn more about wine making. I'm planning to make a Barbera Wine this year and have already located a local grower.

Look forward to talking wine with you folks,

George
www.9islandswine.com

2vugeg6.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

It's great hobby, and this is a great community to help with the hobby.

Joel Marchello

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the forum and I look forward to hearing about your wines.
smiley1.gif

Welcome George, now that you mention it, it is kind of an addicting hobby!!

Nice looking label and it looks WARM there.

Welcome to the forums George!

We meet here daily.

We are all in a 12 step program to rid our selves of the terrible addiction to the smell of fermenting grape juice!

So far none of us has made it past the first step.........

Welcome George.
How nice it must be to be right there in California and be able to make contacts with local growers. I'll be out there in late March trying to do the same thing in the Central Valley and Central Coastal areas... but I'll just be visiting.
smiley5.gif

There are a bunch of really knowledgeable guys and gals on this forum and I'm sure you also have a tale or two about making a nice batch of wine.

I enjoyed visiting your website, too. Great photos; doing your press right at the vineyard with the vines in the background... very nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes, we are blessed with nice weather in California. I'm located in the central valley and am close to some great resources including wines from Amador County, Lodi and Napa.

BTW, you folks have some great looking wine rooms & cellars as I looked through the pictures thread. I am converting a shed in the back yard into a wine tasting room/cellar/winery. Like I said earlier .....I'm Addicted.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back