TIP WHEN GLUE STICKING YOUR LABELS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
When I was bottling wine today I found a good surface to place your labels on while applying the glue.
Get anold magazine, place the label you are going to glue on a page then swipe your glue around the edges and even go over the edges on to the page to get the very edges sticky. Then turn the page for the next label, and the next. etc. That way you have a clean suface for each label and not have to get glue on the front of your next label and have it sticking to the surface too.

Worked great for me!!
smiley20.gif

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Ramona....I use the sale bills that come in the newspaper...great minds think alike...
smiley4.gif

We could be dangerous if we ever get together.

Cheers.

The best ideas come up by accident sometimes. The magazine just happend to be there. Things seem to be happening for a reason with me lately...I am thankful.

Ramona

The last time I labeled. I set the bottle in my handy dandy bottle holder, set the label on the bottle right side down and applied the glue stick to the wrong side. Any glue that went over the edge was where the label was going to end up. No wasted glue!
smiley4.gif

Northern Winos said:
Ramona....I use the sale bills that come in the newspaper...great minds think alike...
smiley4.gif

We could be dangerous if we ever get together.

Cheers.
That's what Bert uses! (He'd never use a wine making or deer hunting magazine. That would almost be like using the Bible to him!
smiley2.gif
)

Latest posts

Back