What are your other hobbies?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is, today is Nats game, not sure what day people are going to Harford next weekend and I have to get my boat ready for the season the other day. Let's plan the following weekend to go. BTW, I ordered a bucket and lug of Syrah from Harford.

I'm going Saturday to Harford so that you don't take my bucket and lug! I ordered the same plus a couple of other buckets. Plan on getting there early enough to head back towards Hanover so my wife and I can have a anniversary lunch, in case we can't get something set up for our real anniversary (since I waited so long to try and get reservations for something fun).

I'm going Saturday to Harford so that you don't take my bucket and lug! I ordered the same plus a couple of other buckets. Plan on getting there early enough to head back towards Hanover so my wife and I can have a anniversary lunch, in case we can't get something set up for our real anniversary (since I waited so long to try and get reservations for something fun).

Oh, I told them you didn't want the Syrah and you didn't mind if I took it LOL. I understand they open at 11:00 so I'll see you there. Since I never made a bucket it will be good to compare notes. I was thinking of trying a cold extended maceration.

You picked a heck of a game to go to (assuming you're a Nats fan). 23-5!!!

It just didn't stop. We left to go to the Bullpen after the bottom of the 7th when they broke their previous run record. I didn't see the last 5 runs. We have a 1/2 season plan and I can't make it to the weekday games. Could give you some tickets if it works for you. Our seats are in section 100.

Hello All,
I just started to make wine about 10 months ago. I enjoy Amateur (HAM) radio, cooking (I'm Italian), woodworking, gardening, kayaking and cycling slow!
Mark N8REZ

Oh, I told them you didn't want the Syrah and you didn't mind if I took it LOL. I understand they open at 11:00 so I'll see you there. Since I never made a bucket it will be good to compare notes. I was thinking of trying a cold extended maceration.

As long as I get a refund, that will work...I was empty carboy counting yesterday and may be one short for aging...might have to actually bottle something (amazing I've swung from itching to bottle as soon as possible to "oh, I guess I should bottle that now that it is approaching 2 yrs in the carboy").

They will probably open earlier than that, it will say in the email they send out this week. Last Fall it was 8 am on Friday and Saturday, 9 am on Sunday. I'm sure that is subject to change depending on what other events/tastings they have going. I know my wife will want to do a sampling again (since I'm the designated driver), so she'll want to go mid morning verses 8 am, for sure).

Last edited:
I like to dabble in things: wine/mead/cider making, knitting, crochet, gardening, canning/jamming, music, university (s.l.o.w.l.y.), raising small humans, fruit rescue, basic woodworking/building, reading, etc. I'll pretty much try everything and anything I can get my hands on :)

If I had my dream job, it would be homesteading full time with an on-site winery/cannery.

I keep up around my lake cabin (our house now) which consumes time. I have a 63 corvette that I have hade since 1969 and I restored it. We just bought a 2004 Chevrolet SSr for my wife.

Just acquired some property near my home where am building an rv garage and a large two car garage with a 12 x 24 room that I will make wine. I am actually going to include a covered patio and an efficiency apartment. I will post some photos soon. I am pretty busy. I had bad back problems the last couple of years and could not do anything streneous. Had back surgery and trying to build my strength so I can work harder.

I'm a full-time musician and studio engineer, like long walks on the beach, camping, and fishing. I also love working on cars (percussive maintenance is always soothing after a rough day at the office), and playing soccer.

Other than winemaking, I enjoy gardening and landscaping, wood working, cooking and studying World War II history, particularly battles and personalities. My former hobby was classic cars (at one time or another, I had 5 pre-war Packards and a '66 Mustang convertible) but I could never get my bride to enjoy the hobby. I am kind of growing fond of her after 51 years so I dropped the classic cars.

Latest posts

Back