WineXpert grassy sauvignon blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexatman

Junior
Reaction score
I just dit the Eclipse sauvignon blanc. It's almost a year old and it's really good. Pretty dry, fruity with a hint of grapefruit zest, but would like more of the mineral notes and the grassy side of some sauvignon blanc. Is there a kit that is more herbaceous? Maybe the selection chilean sauvignon blanc? Thanks

I did the World Vineyard French Sauv. Blanc and it definitely had those grassy and mineral tones, while still having some fruitiness. I did ferment fairly cool (mid 60s). I think I have a couple bottles left. I'll pop one in the fridge and give it another taste this weekend and report back. For science and stuff.

Please do, I just bought this kit and would like reviews, I done a Californian Sauvignon Blanc and added the zest of a grapefruit that I seen suggested by joe on the tweeking thread, and it was beautiful, not much grass flavor tho so also interested in tweeks for this one.

Well, two years in the bottles and those grassy notes are pretty much gone. It was pretty blah. Not bad, but no real character left.

I looked at my log though and the grassy notes were present through the first year, as well as what I described as "steely" notes. I must have read something using that descriptor around the time I made those log entries. :h I would assume that those would be the mineral notes.

Latest posts

Back