Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got the correct color (ruby) shrink capsule for this year's dragon's blood. I'm happy with it! I was worried the ruby color may have not looked so well with the red color of the wine, but I think it turned out good.

ns9_U9y802947HL-z6D-XsiFcXoEQ2K2K-u0NyvfF-cmMOsmd3GtnyxKeC-j0oBBmulpec-Y_MB4pB_CB-1a6e_tJLX98KSZSexMpqfAFaDqTAAuI_BYvTVYPJAqeYbG786ZvdAfesa7zU_PYCmlchNGKEzSk-rhY1mBw6qgzLUtyDXYpj1R3N3PzA7X1UHriFFBjveDsTijAGAuxAI-J_FndLqE2wEYP2T_orR4C9ugNwwQSsfi9ye9svEH5jcHZ99wuT9lE1WLvkTwfNZH-uuQmIKV3KZbCATAgPt-hAqryNQ85dHago63iFli3_33iI09SrqKnY2yirYk1V6kYxAAdpgY4UAfWnJz3dRJDM1sQQDKEe1SKqfLgDf7BkBJZAFtYvr1_jvEU80IAyg5EReYnWir2BKTyblNBKNUxvLjCXpmDZeMUG6xY7H--Eh6Kn83pVCBYTKE0O8wB8y4AQ3caUOGOhPUyEaiZQV2D6bHkN_cRPu3Zd-le3FGgslFZdjzGC7oIG8B_cxap9CnkCpdKn1lAlpGpNY6p5FN3YwXZDYTzU3XohMqtUCL_GOYBTX8_BLDROeRrSE1bKDtj9G8Fn2_VlTRagbR_rC0cAjZ7PEMzc327FHRxDPQ-xuxlMT4GTrSw18cIyAfeYrWTEf6L0Td3Ieb1EXc8PltmzM=w578-h770-no

I wonder why we don't really see Viognier kits, especially the LR/LE editions.

I heard that's a very good and aromatic Wine.

It is really aromatic. The LR Carrusel from last year is Chardonnay and Viognier. Not my favorite but pretty good. I'm getting good results from juice bucket Viognier though. Hoping I can find a local source - the Virginia Viogniers I've had have all been very good.

I bottled 3 gallons of peach wine from last July into splits a couple weekends ago and made these labels for them.

Outwardly, I do seemingly random and impulsive things, although internally, I spend a lot of time obsessing, so they're very calculated whims to me. I named my home winery "Whim 35," as I started making wine, on a whim, during age 35. This was a particularly crazy whim to my husband and family, as no one we know makes beer or wine, my family doesn't drink, and I was allergic to alcohol until my late 20s.

PeachWineLabel.jpg

It is really aromatic. The LR Carrusel from last year is Chardonnay and Viognier. Not my favorite but pretty good. I'm getting good results from juice bucket Viognier though. Hoping I can find a local source - the Virginia Viogniers I've had have all been very good.

Is it a kit or grapes / juice buckets? I have one aging in the carboy. It's an RJS Viognier.

Is it a kit or grapes / juice buckets? I have one aging in the carboy. It's an RJS Viognier.

The Carrusel is a LR kit that's Chardonnay and Viognier. I also have a juice bucket Viognier from last fall about to go into bottles.

https://www.stoneycreekwinepress.com/

They aren't cheap, admittedly. We recently had to get a new printer and I got a color laser printer. We previously had an inkjet. I will probably start making more of my own and save the Stoney Creek labels for those wines I deem special.

I read an article that talked about the presentation of the bottle and peoples impression of the wine. apparently nice labels make the wine taste better or so I've read and it was on the internet so it has to be true.

I read an article that talked about the presentation of the bottle and peoples impression of the wine. apparently nice labels make the wine taste better or so I've read and it was on the internet so it has to be true.

There is absolutely no question... the appearance of your bottle absolutely does have an impact on the enjoyment of the wine. You don't taste with your mouth, you taste with your brain. And your brain sees what you're putting in your mouth first. Many many studies have proven this. The simplest example I've come up with to illustrate the psychological effects of what you see affecting what you taste....

Almost everyone loves the taste of bacon. Imagine you bit into an apple and it tasted like bacon; you would spit it out in disgust, even though bacon is delicious.

Granted this is an extreme example, and looks at it from the opposite direction (the actual flavor contradicts the expectation, instead of the expectation enhancing the flavor). But it illustrates how you taste with your eyes first. A beautiful package will create a better experience than a bottle with masking tape.

Back