Floor Corker - Parts?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSNJOHN

Cork Remover
Reaction score
Recently purchased quite a bit of used equipment. In the batch was a floor corker. Green, says Portugal, but instructions on it are in French.

Drove a few corks in some spare bottles, filled with water with some old corks. Looked good, didn't leak. All good.

Last week, decided to bottle and had a few older synthetic corks I thought I would use up. New ones I bought were cork 1+1.

See pictures of synthetics with slice down length. Not sure if there are replacement parts, but one of the four blocks has a raised edge damaging the cork. No way to adjust that I can see with partial disassembly. No apparent problem on the cork material as I assume it is more flexible.

Any thoughts / recommendations other than buy a new?

Thanks,

SSNJOHN

IMG_1213.JPG

Recently purchased quite a bit of used equipment. In the batch was a floor corker. Green, says Portugal, but instructions on it are in French.

Drove a few corks in some spare bottles, filled with water with some old corks. Looked good, didn't leak. All good.

Last week, decided to bottle and had a few older synthetic corks I thought I would use up. New ones I bought were cork 1+1.

See pictures of synthetics with slice down length. Not sure if there are replacement parts, but one of the four blocks has a raised edge damaging the cork. No way to adjust that I can see with partial disassembly. No apparent problem on the cork material as I assume it is more flexible.

Any thoughts / recommendations other than buy a new?

Thanks,

SSNJOHN

Do your jaws look like these? http://www.homebrewing.org/Replacem...ium=shopping&gclid=CMbB0pSMyNICFQwVgQodE0UBxQ If so, you could replace them....

I have replaced my jaws - but I always push down th cork an additional 1/4'' and add wax to completely seal the bottle from any oxygen.

I just opened up recently a 2008 apple wine - it was great !!

Thanks for the comments/responses. I will look at filing down the raised part doing the cutting. Initial glance looks like getting the blocks back in place may be challenging given the tension on the springs.

Latest posts

Back