Newbie from Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA_Amateur

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all!
I took an interest in wine making a few years ago but got really serious the last few months. I got a nice kit for Christmas and started my first batch 3 weeks ago. I recently racked it from my primary to my carboy and now I'm busting playing the waiting game. I got a crappy corker with my kit and was wondering anyone had recommendations on a floor corner? ImageUploadedByWine Making1484573870.576795.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Another Pennsylvanian here! Moved to Wellsboro, PA from Southbury, CT July of 2015. [BTW, people from CT (the Nutmeg State) are often referred to as Nutmegers. Are people from PA ever referred to as Keystoners?]

Last edited:
Not that I know of, but I'm close to Pittsburgh and we are frequently called pittsburghers

Any ideas on a good floor corker or are they all the same?

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here. I am a big fan of the Italian floor corker. Brass jaws, longer (easier to use) handle. Should last most home winemakers a lifetime, not much more expensive than the red Portuguese made one.

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any corker recommendations because I'm yet to cork my first batch, but good luck.

Another Italian Floor Corker fan here. Got mine as a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Welcome!

My crappy non-floor corker works OK. I do gallon batches, so it isn't as much to do at once. Some folks here have a lot crazier bottling day than I'll ever have!

Welcome from Long Island. I brew little beer and make a little wine and have a Colona capper / corker, but a floor corker would be a wise investment for you if you are making 5 or more gallons or frequent batches.

I have a winged corker, But with 120 gal needing to be bottled I've put a floor corker on my gift list.

i bought one that called it portugeese but it looked like an italian for $75 and it has worked through the last few hundred flawlessly.:fsh

Welcome to the forum!

Another Pennsylvanian here! Moved to Wellsboro, PA from Southbury, CT July of 2015. [BTW, people from CT (the Nutmeg State) are often referred to as Nutmegers. Are people from PA ever referred to as Keystoners?]

Hey im new and am from Galeton, pa. nice to see someone close to me!

Hey im new and am from Galeton, pa. nice to see someone close to me!

I was in Gains just a few hours ago. Did a 7 mile hike with a couple of friends using the Bee Tree Ski Trail back to Ansonia.

Back