Corrado's Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

They just announced that this year's competition will be held on January 24, 2015 at 6pm at the "Venetian" in Garfield, NJ.

Last year, they had over 800 entries with over 2000 people attending!

Entries are $15.00 and tickets for the event (which includes the best Italian buffet I ever had) is $120 per ticket. If you order 10 or more tickets, the cost drops to $110 per ticket.

I know that $120 is steep, but they really go far to give you your money's worth. It is like you died and went to winemaker's heaven!

It's a great night out. Like what has been stated the food is awesome plus the have a room filled with all there venders with cheese, olives, meats, etc. The icing on the cake besides the contest is the wine bar pouring all of the finalist wines. Every year my table grows. I almost forgot to mention, Wine Maker of the Year wins a $2000 Gift card. That buys a lot of grapes. Does anyone know of a bigger prize for a homemade competition ?

:HB
It's a great night out. Like what has been stated the food is awesome plus the have a room filled with all there venders with cheese, olives, meats, etc. The icing on the cake besides the contest is the wine bar pouring all of the finalist wines. Every year my table grows. I almost forgot to mention, Wine Maker of the Year wins a $2000 Gift card. That buys a lot of grapes. Does anyone know of a bigger prize for a homemade competition ?

wow. much better. when i won, it was only a trip to napa.

dropped off mine today, 9 wines and 2 labels. The manager told have hav gotten a lot of entries so far.

They posted pictures of the judging today on there FB page, it looks like the got a lot of entries

I was at there store yesterday, 1800 tickets sold for the dinner and around 800 entries this year. Now hoping the snow to stay away. Good luck to everyone

I will be there as well. I only entered a couple of wines, a couple of labels, a couple of liqueurs and a grappa. I had a hard time filling my table this year, a lot of my friends make wine from kits and last year they never announced the kit wine awards at the show. They were so pissed off they don't want to go back! I will make sure I don't eat anything starting Thursday so I can make room!! Good luck everyone!

WTG Franki!!, I entered 11, 9 finalists, 4 gold, 3 silver, & 2 bronze, plus third place for a label. My friend entered his first 2 ever and got 2 medals and Best of Show White for his Pinot Grigio! I am still STUFFED!!

Latest posts

Back