What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowing all day since 11AM. Supposed to snow until 6AM mañana. Poor man's Mac-n-Cheese or Cacio e Pepe'.

Cacio-E-Pepe-5.jpg

A nice midweek splurge. For once, I didn't get the almost-rib-chops, I ponied up for the actual lamb rib chops. Dry-brined and seared hard, served with a garlic/thyme/butter/beef stock pan sauce. Also had a broccoli/arugula puree with lemon juice, and Swiss chard braised in ho-made chix stock with coriander. Perhaps the star of the show was mushroom risotto (made with carnaroli rice, slightly better than arborio), with sauteed shallots and portobellos, made with ho-made beef stock, lots of parmigiano reggiano, and topped off with truffle oil. Yum!

All of this was washed down with a Columbia Crest H3 Merlot.

DSCN3514.jpg DSCN3515.jpg DSCN3517.jpg

When I first got married I was bragging to my wife about how good my chili was. Well she made hers before I had a chance to make mine. When I started eating it she said I had this disgusting look on my face. But before she said anything I said "yours is better then mine". I never made it again.

When I first got married I was bragging to my wife about how good my chili was. Well she made hers before I had a chance to make mine. When I started eating it she said I had this disgusting look on my face. But before she said anything I said "yours is better then mine". I never made it again.

Your story is funny no matter what, but I gotta know: was yours actually better than hers (and you were disgusted by her chili), or was hers truly better than yours (and you were disgusted by that fact)?

Your story is funny no matter what, but I gotta know: was yours actually better than hers (and you were disgusted by her chili), or was hers truly better than yours (and you were disgusted by that fact)?

Hers was truly better then mine and to this day the best I ever had. I was just disappointed that I didn't make the best chili. I would compare chili to Chardonnay, there are so many different style choices with both.

My mother was not the best cook kin the world, which was hard on my father as his mother was a wonderful cook. The only thing I ever heard my father say about my mom's coming was, that wasn't my favorite and I don't think you need to make that again. My father was a very smart man, I learned from him.

Latest posts

Back