Should I change my "Brand Name"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which "Brand Name" should Smurfe Use?

• Galvez Wines

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Civella Wines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smurfe

Reaction score
I have been thinking of changing my "Brand Name". I currently call my wines Galvez Wines as I used to live in Galvez and liked the name. After a while I started thinking. I like Italian wines the best and I am married to an Italian gal who has a fairly cool Italian family name (Civella) which wouldn't be a bad name for my wines.

Her family name is actually Civello but her Dad and his brother both had their names mis-spelled on their birth certificates and it was never changed so they go by Civella. There is already a commercial wine called Civello as well.

So, I leave it here for a Fine Vine Wines Vote! Should I keep my name as it is or switch? What say you my winemaking friends? I welcome comments as well as your vote.

Sounds like you want to make the change since Civello has a family history which sticks with you no matter where you liveand it also sounds better for a wine brand!

I voted to switch to Civella.

I think "Smurfe Wine" has a ring!

Smurf20papa.gif

Weused the ranch logo and name but we did we vote. We meaning the family and partners. With the new artwork and the glamorous labels, Baumgartner Ranch won the vote, I guess it was easier to go with what was already...

I think Bob my wine partner should create a label of his own. I think having your own label creation makes the work a bit more fun.Edited by: SBRanch

4_1_219.gif
Great pic! I like Civella Cellars, it just has a nice ring to it and most people wont know you dont have a cellar.

Looks like you have a winner smurfe and it's your wine making room and you can call it whatever you please ..cellar..cave...wineryEdited by: Waldo

Smurfe,

I started off with an Italian name for my wines, but I'm Irish and wanted to have a connection to my heritage, so I named my wine Silear Fiona Ireannach (Gaelic for Irish Wine Cellar). I love the new name so much more now because it means something to me.

Go with Civello!

Well, looks like overwhelming support for a new name. pkcook, I know what you mean. I am Irish as well (Murphy) but never really gave much thought to an Irish name. Can't say I have ever drank an Irish wine but I have consumed quite a bit of Murphy's Irish Stout though! Guess I need to work on a label. May even have to sponsor a contest here like Masta did for his Hot Sauce label. Thanks for the votes.

Well Smurfe - the internet sure has a lot of info - I looked up Civella and this is what I found:

"In the 1960's Nick Civella was the head of the Kansas City Mob and along with his brother Carl 'the cork' made their fortune".

So, therefore, it seems that you come by winemaking naturally since
'the cork' seems to fit. You could call your winery Capo Civella
Cellars. You could work off the CCC in your new logo.
hummmmmmmmmm!!! Or even Capo Corky or even Corky Civella
Cellars. ----------------------- Seems like I'm getting carried
away here so better stop stop stop!!!

later

rrawhide

ps: I vote for the new name change

rrawhide said:
Well Smurfe - the internet sure has a lot of info - I looked up Civella and this is what I found:

"In the 1960's Nick Civella was the head of the Kansas City Mob and along with his brother Carl 'the cork' made their fortune".

So, therefore, it seems that you come by winemaking naturally since 'the cork' seems to fit. You could call your winery Capo Civella Cellars. You could work off the CCC in your new logo. hummmmmmmmmm!!! Or even Capo Corky or even Corky Civella Cellars. ----------------------- Seems like I'm getting carried away here so better stop stop stop!!!

later

rrawhide
ps: I vote for the new name change

Capo Civella Cellars sounds really really good. I had read that story a while back as well and tease my Father-in-Law about it a lot. He said he didn't know if he was related to them but there was a mob family by another name in New Orleansthat he was related to.

Back