OK, So who's with me????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, working on an ill timed cold since Monday, or is it? Have no desire for alcohol or food, energy levels were really low yesterday afternoon, but I rebounded and am operational, though not 100%. 117.3 lbs on the "unofficial" scale, so I'm still moving down. About to venture down to the postal scale but I can't drum up a package to justify the trip. Hopefully this iwill all clear up just in time to enjoy a glass or three of red wine and a thick charbroiled steak on Palm Sunday...11 days, 3 hours left for me.

Edit: oops, typo, too sick to type correctly...217.3 on the bathroom scale, 223 on the postal scale. 11 days to get to 220, I think I have this one in the bag!

Last edited:
You need to eat something Craig!

christian-bale-nearly-died-for-the-machinist-surviving-on-an-apple-and-a-can-of-tuna-daily.jpg

117.3 lbs on the "unofficial" scale, so I'm still moving down...

Way to go Craig!!

MMMMM Steak and a good hearty red!! I think that I will join you.

Just 9 days to go for me!!!!

Pictures would be appreciated. It will help open up my locked down wallet and go to the local butcher and ask him for his "best" steaks. They have whole sides-o-beef hanging in the side window (where they butcher) aging. Might change to a small fillet roast so the kids can enjoy some, and that being my wife's favorite.

I have been oh so good this week. My wife said she's even proud of me (that's a rare statement). The cold really took my mind off of drinking beer or wine, but now that I'm pretty much over the cold, and Mike posted some ribeyes and crab legs to torment me, I'm salivating for either a beer or wine (forget the food). I'll take one or the other or both or two of each or a case of one, whatever. One week to go, and I weighed-in within 1.3 lbs of my goal this morning with my work clothes on. Be curious to see what I weigh the Monday after Easter, might get ugly (because I'll be on a mission)!

One more weekend (then a few more days)!! :db I decided to forgo the 'cheat day' today, since I'm so close. And after a ten mile run, it probably would have knocked me out. :)

DAY 36 !!!!!! Just four more days to go (for me).

Craig / Jim - Fantastic!!! We are almost home guys. Congratulations!

The wife already made plans for a group of us to go out and celebrate on Friday. It is all down hill from here!

My 'falling off the wagon' plans have changed slightly. Turns out, we'll be in Williamsburg on Good Friday, spending the day at Busch Gardens. I love going there and every time we do, we eat lunch in 'Germany' at the Festhaus. Lots of good beers in there, so lunch will likely be washed down with something bubbly and hoppy.

My 'falling off the wagon' plans have changed slightly. Turns out, we'll be in Williamsburg on Good Friday, spending the day at Busch Gardens. I love going there and every time we do, we eat lunch in 'Germany' at the Festhaus. Lots of good beers in there, so lunch will likely be washed down with something bubbly and hoppy.
You can use that day to help "rebuild" up some of your alcohol tolerance.

Our plans for a ribeye lunch have turned into a ribeye supper, which in a way is good, I won't have time enough to put down so many glasses of wine that I feel bad on Monday morning. Then the "school night" rule goes into effect and I can't have anything until Friday, though it will be afternoon and not evening since I'll be at our cabin in Tioga County in Northern PA for the weekend. I'm sure my brothers and I will pop a few brews as we clean the place up from a long winters nap.

Really getting down to it. I got a nice Stag's Leap Artemis all picked out!!!

I'm jealous. Another 9 days for me. But the time really is flying by. So much so that I almost feel like I've cheated in some way by only doing a week or two.

Four days left. I think time is flying because I see light at the end of the tunnel, aka Sunday lunch. I'm thinking a BLT and a beer, possibly not in that order. Forecast is Sunny and 68*F, might hang out in the garage and do some keg sampling too, just need to keep it in line to make it to dinner.

Three days, one hour and 26 minutes to commence alcohol consumption, unless I hold off and wait for my Wife to join me around dinner time. Not gonna happen!

Was at 221 on the postal scale, saw a flash of 220 a few times, so I'm pretty close, hoping to make it 220 by tomorrow morning. (Was 216.2 on home scale, if I'm 215 tomorrow a.m. I'm there).

Edit: 4/7/17 - 5:30 am - 220.0 on the house scale in full uniform. Time to celebrate with some....iced tea.

Last edited:
Almost got there. Here's the "picture or it didn't happen" picture. It is a postal scale, so 220.1 would show up as 221. I'm happy and feel good, so that is all that matters (at least that is what I preach to my Wife). Here's to 200 by Christmas time, and I can toast to that this Sunday.

Remember @JohnT , we need pictures of you drinking and eating this evening!

221.jpg

our plan is to go out with friends to a local dive tonight.

Yesterday, the wife pointed out that my lent ENDS at 8pm. That being the case, she volunteered me to be the "designated driver".

In other words, I am dry until I get home.

Not a big deal since this dive bar does not have a good wine selection.

our plan is to go out with friends to a local dive tonight.

Yesterday, the wife pointed out that my lent ENDS at 8pm. That being the case, she volunteered me to be the "designated driver".

In other words, I am dry until I get home.

Not a big deal since this dive bar does not have a good wine selection.

I'd be walking in the door to your wine room by 8:01 pm (at the latest), wine thief strategically placed near the barrels with a clean glass beside it.

John? John? You there?

Well, if you call for me on Monday morning, I will answer. Got Sunday afternoon planned with a side by side beer tasting, hopefully that will keep me behaved until dinner and steaks for the Wife and I (London Broil for the kids).

Still haven't picked out a bottle of vino for my steak yet. Was thinking of a Barboursville Cab Franc, just don't have time to get to Hanover to the State run Store since I'm making a batch of beer today, a Pride of Milford bitter to be precise.

4-8-17_60-min-ipa.JPG

Bottled my Winery Series Amarone this morning and had about 1/3 of a bottle left. Decided I'm going to grill steak Thursday night and have that little bit o' wine with it - starting a little before Friday, but Thursday night is close enough. :dg

Back