Register Now!

Pick a Wine Kit & Win a Wine Kit Giveaway

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > WineMakingTalk.com Forums > Forum Comments, Suggestions & Help > Wine Cellar Refrigeration Calculator

Old 03-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #11
meadmaker1

Jan 2017
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Im planning on buying a used refidgerator boring a hole in it for a conduit. Through which I intend to pump a brine to cool a true cellar. I will run tubing against some of the walls and if I need can build a small air handler with a water coil I already have. Condesate is no issue. Floor drain. Or heated bucket to evaperate which ever is needed to adjust humidity.
Hydronis and hot water boilers is my thing though so not a project for every one.
Hoping for about 100 square ft of cold bottle storage. Got some digging to do first.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #12
mainshipfred

Feb 2017
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That's a neat concept. A little upset with you for coming up with it first. Would you have to run a circulating fan, What size tubing to you suppose you will need. I would think the condensation from the tubing would help keep the humidity at a good level.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #13
mainshipfred

Feb 2017
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

OK hydronic dude you really got me thinking. How about running the tubing through a plenum box with a small bathroom exhaust fan attached? The t-stat would control the fan and the circulation pump. Do you think a small freezer with antifreeze or glycol might work as well?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #14
meadmaker1

Jan 2017
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Planning on 3/8. Tubbing. And an aquarium/water garden pump. Probably methanol for antifreeze. question is how much tubing lenght. adding will be easy
Humidity control wil be by catching condensate and draining it or evaperating it back into air.
Originally wanted to copy a blue berry nursery system, cover a shelf with coils and set carboys on on them to chill.
Possibilities are endless refrigerator has freezer and fridge (built in high/low) even get heat off the back for a work beside? ??