Peach profile

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmaker1

Reaction score
I was planning to start a small bach of canned peach mead to test the recipe. Ive learned to ask questions but im not real incurraged with what I found so far.
Its beenthe general opinion that its tough to maintain the peach flavor and aromas.
The most experianced fellow I spoke to said " just use caned peach juice to back sweeten plain mead" which im ok with if it gets me the drink I want , but I see a lot of recipes for peach and believe thete must be a way.
Ill probably dive in and find out for myself either way , any experiance as far as must do or dont do?

Here is a link to what I did and so far I'm ok with how it is turning out (though I haven't tasted it in about 6 months or so, guess I better go give it a taste).

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53110&highlight=peach+mead

I think with peach you should probably use some in primary and some in secondary. I'm finding that if my addition has zero sugar/nutrients that the yeast can use (like ginger, vanilla bean, etc) I like adding it in secondary. Otherwise I like to split my additions.

Latest posts

Back