What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too just got done with dinner, I'm beat. spent most of the day tearing out walls at the store. It was an old Dr's office with a waiting room and a series of exam rooms. Things needed to be opened up.
Anybody got a line on some gondola shelving fixtures?
Should have the checkout part of the web site on line early next week.

Well we dropped off our oldest daughter and future son in law at the airport yesterday. This morning was wrecking crew and demo time in the hall bathroom!

We were able to strip it out fully in a couple of hours. We watch a lot of DIY and HGTV plus its not our "first rodeo" as they say.....

We preordered a drop in vanity from Costco before Xmas. Its here and ready. Will start floor tile work tomorrow AM. We painted and got rid of the Tuscan yellow that was this evening.

Going with a new off white wall finish. Saved a bundle with the drop in vanity. $1200 delivered with granite counter top and dual sinks. Did I say I love COSTCO!!!!!

Just plumb in your faucets, hook up to drain line and done! Custom drop in from one of the big box stores was well over $3000 for the same thing.

New tub tile also going in as well as tub fixtures to boot!

photo2.jpg

Mike Mike Mike Mike, if my wife somehow sees this Ill shoot you!!!! My lower bathroom is in dire need of an upgrade like this but Ive been putting it off for sometime. Mainly because no one takes care of anything in this house except me which ticks me off so I refuse to do much more work on the house.

I sooooooo have been putting this off but SWMBO is being a ball buster for sure as well as pitching in big time. I am still the muscle but at least I talked her into leaving the tub. Its in great shape and they don't make them like this anymore as they say.

This house was built in 1973 and this will be the first major demo for this hall bathroom. We did the master bathroom about 4 years ago, then tiled the whole house 2 years ago. Only thing left is this bathroom and the kitchen!

She wants walls opened up and ceiling raised. Way out of my comfort zone when it comes to load bearing walls etc so will need a contractor for at least those parts. I am good to go on all the rest. Just not moving as fast as I used to as they say...... :)

LOL Mike my house was built in 2000 and the swmbo talked me into gutting the half bath and replacing everything this past Spring. In the end it was worth it.

Mike, Firts thing I did when we mived here was I removed a load bearing wall and put in a tripled up 2 x 12 with 2 pcs of 1/2" plywood glued to eack on the inside and then wrapped them all with oak. Then I did the same right below that in the basement except used dbled up lam beams through bolted. This house was built in early 40's so I know what you mean by the bath tub. Its not bad, its just everything else and almost wall to ceiling tile so its major work!!!!!!! Id rather do the kithen any day. Kitchens are much more my speed.
Here are 2 picsof what that support beam came out looking like and then a kitchen I totally remod'd for my buddies sister.man was my wife jealous! Start to finish with the kitchen.
Old.jpg

Old2.jpg

Old3.jpg

New2.jpg

Allcabs1.jpg

NewAtFridge.jpg

Countertop1.jpg

Countertop2.jpg

Header.jpg

Threshhold.jpg

I'll take any of those kitchen pics before or after!

We updated all the appliances when we moved into this place in 1999. Its all original cabinetry and it has a drop down ceiling. Its a very centralized kitchen that is open on 2 walls but it has cabinets that block the view int the living room and dining area. Hopefully we can raise the false ceiling back up to the normal 8 foot from 7 foot. Add all new cabinets, granite counter tops, all new appliances again.......

No rest for the wicked as they say!

Looks like everyone is starting the new year with projects.

I'll have to post pics of my project when its done.

Have a safe and happy new year WMT.

Made good progress today in spite of the POS new tile saw I bought that is going right back to Home Despot.......

Would not even cut the tile just kept grinding to a halt with a brand new blade. Pulled out my old one with the broken fence and cranked through it all like butter. Hopefully will find a better one but know it will cost 2X as much.

Here is a pic tonight at quitting time. Got a coat of paint up. will do the 2nd coat tomorrow. Still have about 5-6 floor tile then on to cutting the baseboard tile and grouting.

Going down the street for dinner with some friends who are wine and foodie friends (like us). Good thing they are only a few houses down the road as I have feeling I need some serious pain relief in the form of Resveratrol tonight! :sm

photo4.jpg

Peeling a lot of tails off a lot of shrimp!!!! Also have a bottle of homemade Straberry Champagne!

I'm a little worried Doug, if I was going to take her out to dinner, I don't think I would have taken her to the bookstore for muffins and coffee!!

She may read you the "riot act"!

Just saying!........

LOL
:tz

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
Well I finally gave up on that batch of brunello that's been stuck! Went out yesterday to get some Everclear 190 proof. I felt like mobster going to the liquor store. They make you sign a piece of paper stating what you're using for. Then they went "to the back" just as if I told the guy "Rocky said if I mentioned his name you'd sell me da good stuff...in da back" :) the gal who rang it up was marveling over the fact, She had never seen everclear before. Thanks Rocky!!!!!
After a successful mission, I'm making port today. :sm

Last edited:
Its 5 am here. Got-35F on the nose. (No, not with wind chill)

What am I doing today?

Waiting for the Packers to kick some aspirin!!! Al roads go thru Lambeau.

Latest posts

Back