Packlab Malbec tweak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Joeswine - I have read your thread and I found it very interesting and I learned alot. I will be starting my batch today and have looked around the house and have 1 pound raisins - 1/2 pound prunes - french and american oak. So with all those goodies lying about - what would you recommend, thinking outside the box?

what type of wine Are you making? What is its characteristics? Before you do anything. Check your toolbox. Make sure you have all the required components that are taste components of your finished product in your toolbox, understand? If you're making a big red. Do you have oak, powdered, chipped or liquid. Adding raisins, in this case once again what type of wine. Are you making? Are you using raisins for mouth feel?, as well as adding character or are you using raisins just add raisins? French oak, American oak is fine, remember, prunes are dehydrated plums, so does your wine have a background taste of plums? 1 pound of raisins will be good starting point for big reds. But above all, plan your work and work your plan. If you want to p.m. me and we can go over this together.
I just finished bottling my coffee port on its own was okay a little thin. I thought, but I plan this out before started. I know that port gets most of its quality from the oak aging process, next because it's a coffee. I also made sure I had either coffee beans available to me or instant coffee available to me and because I know it's going to come within F pack that a superhigh in taste and sweetness. I knew I was going to have to bump the wine base up to at least 10% alcohol. This was my plan prior to opening the box, all my tools were available. So I started. At the finish, I think my product is much better than it would have been coming out of the box . Now the wine has a much better mouth feel, due to the addition of powdered oak. It also has a better bite due to the grappa, added three quarters of a cup, it has taste a deeper, more coffee flavor due to the instant coffee, added 4 tablespoons, now I have my coffee port, also in each bottle there at least 2 to 4 coffee beans once this blends in. It will only add another footnote to the product.

I don't think time in the bottle will work with this product, but at least 2 to 3 months It should start to peak right now I can drink it and just enjoy the taste......................., plan your work and work your plan and always think outside the box

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back