Packlab Cornucopia Raspberry Merlot -- anyone try?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoloc8

Junior
Reaction score
I've made the Green Apple Riesling kit before with great success, and I've got the Raspberry Merlot at home waiting for water and fermenter right now.

I guess my question is: since the base wine is a red, and reds take so long to mature when dry, would it be a good idea to give the Merlot portion of the kit extra time to mature and develop before stabilizing and adding the F-pack, or just follow the instructions as I did with the Riesling?

-Rich

Don't know. I made it and added half the f-pack to primary fermentation. It tasted like a raspberry flavored sangria.

Last edited:
never made one but i would say follow the instructions first and see what you get, you may want to get some raspberry something to backsweeten with if necessary

Sweet fruity. Next time I will add more of the F-pack to the primary. I like the fruit taste but not as sweet. Nice by the pool summer sipper as is.

I've made this one and added a pound of sugar to up the alcohol. Found it very acceptable.

Latest posts

Back