Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok better then three weeks ago I started a batch of plum and a batch of pineapple,after stirring for three days I was hospitalized ,, any way it sat all this time in food grade barrels with lids, no stirring no nothing for about three weeks I was heart broken but just the same I saw tiny bubbles so they were still producing gas, I tasted and they seemed just fine, so I put both into 6 an 1/2 gallon carboys, I think I got lucky or really blessed, but I still need to ask, if taste ok then wine should be ok right????
Dawg

My guess is that if it taste fine and you show no signs of poisoning over the next three days the wine should be okay.
smilie.gif

My thoughts? Well you get em anyway. Use your hydrometer. If it is done, just get them into a carboy. K-meta, let em clear. When clear stabalize, sweeten if they need it and enjoy it. Don't know about tame plums if that is what you used, but the wild plums around here will not clear not matter how long you leave them sit. I have found if you hit them with superkleer, they clear right up. Good luck with yours. Arne.

Hope you have recovered from your stint in hospital. My guess is that 3 weeks in a primary is unlikely to create any problem... Brewers don't stir and 3 weeks in a primary that is 2/3 full is their standard operating procedure... If the wine tastes good I wouldn't worry - worry is never good for your health. Just relax :fsh

Like others have said, if it tastes good there's probably no need to worry. If it had a good seal, then the CO2 collected and created a bit of a blanket protecting it from O2. And if you're not smelling any off smells I'm guessing the yeast stayed pretty happy (not stressed).

Been feeling funny do you think that might be a sign of poisoning
Dawg

UOTE=bkisel;639203]My guess is that if it taste fine and you show no signs of poisoning over the next three days the wine should be okay.
smilie.gif
[/QUOTE]

Probably experiencing a mean streak. ::

Latest posts

Back