Other 2017 Limited Releases: What Are You Making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the Kenridge Cabernet Sauvignon Rose.

Will likely also do the Vermentino or the Blanc de Noir from WE.

In the past my passport wines have been really really good so Im planning on doing the Nero d'avola and Kookaburra from them. Not sure I can resist the RJS French cab and WE vermentino so I'll probably do those also. I just wish I could find a good deal on the PAssport line.

I'm getting the vanilla fig this week too! I usually do the toasted caramel port and hoard it like there will never be another dessert wine again, but I love figs so I was won over...here's hoping

I am thinking deeply on the french cab sauv from rjs and a possibility of the italian nero d'avola from passport.

I'm probably going to pass on the LE's from WE this year. None of them flip my cookie, unfortunately.

I've got four kits, one juice bucket and wine from grapes going in my basement right now. I'm thinking about doing an eclipse Nebbiolo, but that would be a lot of big Italian reds in my basement (forza, amarone, and a super Tuscan).

Ah, who am I kidding. One more couldn't hurt.

Thinking about two from each mfg.

Meglioli:
Old Vine Zin
Amarosso

Cellar Craft:
Nero D'Avola
Kookaburra Red

WE:
Vermentino
Grenache Cab

RJ's:
Undecided on which varietals at this point, but at least two.

Leaning towards the RQ Cab and Merlot because I've never done French grapes nor have I done an RQ before, let alone an RJS kit. Done a few WE LEs each from the past few years. Also, both of these come with dried GS, which I have never used before.

Admittedly though, the WE Cab Franc intrigues me being from Western NY. Cab Franc is a popular varietal in the Finger Lakes because of its heartiness.

Last edited:
I'm planning:

LE Vermentino
Passport Cab Sauv Rosé
Passport Kookaburra Red

I'm going to try the Passport Kookaburra as my first LE kit. I'm trusting all of you who say LEs are great :)

Oh, I forgot about this thread.

Since my initial order, I've also added the WE Vermentino and Blanc de Noir.

This is my first pre-order of a kit. Jumped on for the RJS RQ Cab . . L'Elegance. Supposed to be delivered in January. Glad I have a few kits on the shelf to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Looking forward to working with a premium kit - 18 liters!

I agree Jgmann67, only the WE Cab Franc is of interest. On the other hand, the CC Passport series is calling me....as I usually only order WE from LP, I've no idea who to purchase CC that has a good price. I'd take any recommendations. LP has been very good to work with, however after 25 WE kits this year, I'm ready for some changes.

I agree Jgmann67, only the WE Cab Franc is of interest. On the other hand, the CC Passport series is calling me....as I usually only order WE from LP, I've no idea who to purchase CC that has a good price. I'd take any recommendations. LP has been very good to work with, however after 25 WE kits this year, I'm ready for some changes.

I always start with wmt site sponsors. I think finevinewines.com carries the CC's.

Latest posts

Back