Other Costco Kits Argentia Ridge Chateau Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jody

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that in the past two years the Argentia Ridge Chateau double wine kits have changed their corks?

I had an issue a couple of years ago with wine leaking through the corks from these kits. I just made another kit from that brand and I noticed their corks have changed. Since the incident of leaking corks I buy my corks from my Wine Kits store. But now I noticed my local store have changed their corks, which look just like the corks from the current Argentia Ridge Chateau kits.

Has anyone had any positive results with the newer corks?

They say "AGGLO DELUXE" on them.

I am just trying to figure out if I am wasting my time buying corks from my local store if they are the same as whats in these kits?

First I want to put it right out there that I am no wine pro I'm still a newbie. That said I've done two of the Costco kits so far. They're both Reds. I also tried somebody else's white wine from Costco. The white wine used the corks that came with the kit. Tasted corky to me. Don't know maybe it was the way the way they made their wine. Just be on the safe side though I have used the corks I bought from wine sense. I bought the ones that were made for one year or less of aging. I had a problem with them breaking when I tried to Uncork them still better than that gross plywood taste of cheap corks

First I want to put it right out there that I am no wine pro I'm still a newbie. That said I've done two of the Costco kits so far. They're both Reds. I also tried somebody else's white wine from Costco. The white wine used the corks that came with the kit. Tasted corky to me. Don't know maybe it was the way the way they made their wine. Just be on the safe side though I have used the corks I bought from wine sense. I bought the ones that were made for one year or less of aging. I had a problem with them breaking when I tried to Uncork them still better than that gross plywood taste of cheap corks

I am no wine expert either. I have done about ten 4 week kits so far. I was talking to a co-worker today who does the Costco kits as well and he said he cannot even get the corks in the bottles with his corker. He's a rookie as well so who knows whats going on there. I never had problems getting them into the bottles.

I buy shorter corks as well because I do not let my wine age that long, heck I drink it as soon as it is bottled. I am just thinking maybe the corks of yours are breaking because they are dry? Do you store your wine bottles laying down or standing up? I store mine laying down to keep the corks moist. The kits I have done say to leave them standing up for 3-7 days after bottling and then lay them down.

Thanks for replying, its nice to hear feedback on the Argentenia Ridge corks.

I put the corks in dry because that's what the wine sense instructions said but I do store the bottles on their side. Maybe next time I will moisten the corks before bottling see if that helps . The one time I used Costco corks for a few of my bottles because I ran out of the other kind I had no problem when bottling them. I have a floor corker is your friend maybe using a hand corker? Can't see them being easy to get into the bottles then.

Latest posts

Back