$300 Million Warship Christened with $8 Bottle of Wine!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, she debunked my initial thought:

"Because it’s considered bad luck to require multiple attempts before shatter is achieved, Tester actually practiced her swing, both against her tractor and with a wooden replica bottle. And John Torrisi of Lockheed Martin Corporation, the company that built the ship, told Unfiltered via email that Barefoot was hardly a last-minute supermarket pick-up. 'We settled on using the Barefoot sparkling wine after doing a study using various Champagne brands and bottle types. In the end, we chose the one that broke most consistently when scored. For whatever reason, the Barefoot bottle breaks in all climates from 10° below to 100° F and always produces a consistent splash for photography/videography.'"

That's the kind of research study I'd find fascinating.

And John Torrisi of Lockheed Martin Corporation, the company that built the ship, told Unfiltered via email that Barefoot was hardly a last-minute supermarket pick-up. 'We settled on using the Barefoot sparkling wine after doing a study using various Champagne brands and bottle types. In the end, we chose the one that broke most consistently when scored.

Would like to know what that study cost us!

Too much science! Did I say that out loud?

Really, research to make sure it is a weak bottle?

so they used a scientific method to back a superstition?

Nice way to spend our hard earned dollars!

Latest posts

Back