Anyone Familiar with one of these?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enologo

Reaction score
Just picked up this press. Hopefully I can get it restored and ready for the Spring. Anyone familiar with this type or have any info??
FreePress.jpeg

Looks like an old apple press. It should work well for you. You will want a long strong steel bar to help you turn it. You just place it between those spikes at the top and it gives you leverage to turn.

I rented one just like that from my LHBS in Santa fe back in 2010. It worked. Thats about all I could say. I bought a new #30 basket press the following year. Much happier as I can fit more into the basket and press an entire 3 lugs in one shot.

Thanks for the replies. I guess this will be my winter project to refurb this and hopefully have it ready for the spring. It's missing the hardware and one of the uprights is cracked but i should be abe to get it together. The price was right (Free!). :p

Wow thanks for that pic. This will be helpfull when I try to put this thing together. It always helps to see what the puzzle looks like assembled when your trying to put it together. Especially the tray. That's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. Cool. ;)

Enologo, I was going to say that you don't seem to show the base for the basket in your picture. It would be a relatively easy piece to construct and I am sure that Mike's picture will help a lot. I have an older wine press that I was going to try to restore. Just have not gotten the time to do so. Perhaps over the winter. The only wood on mine is on the basket and I would replace it with new oak. As far as the painted surfaces, I was going to have them powder coated. The bare metal would just be give a good steel wool application and cleaned up. Good luck with your project.

Latest posts

Back