RJ Spagnols Alcohol Content

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H2O

Reaction score
Hi all,

While I was picking up my Barolo Meglioli kit I picked up an En Primeur - Mapocho Chilean Carmenere a couple of weeks ago because, apparently, they are being discontinued and I have never tried Carmenere.

I forgot to record starting S.G. and was wondering if anyone could tell me the estimated alcohol content of this wine so I can use for my label?

Thanks!

Harry

Just started my En Primeur - Mapocho Chilean Carmenere and starting SG was 1.094

cheers

Just started my En Primeur - Mapocho Chilean Carmenere and starting SG was 1.094

cheers

Thanks Putterrr, was just waiting to check the S.G. before replying. Looks like my S.G. is down to about .995 -.996. Still a week to go before I get to 28 days and add the sulfite. That puts the ABV at close to 13% if I at least hit your starting S.G.

On a side note, this is an extremely purple wine compared to all the others I've got going. Can't wait to try it in a year or so.

Good to know as I don't bother with final SG. Not too concerned with ABV.

This is my second one. the first is at 15 months and still needs more time. This is also the first EP kit i have done that had some darkish flecks in the bottle even though it was clear when bottle at eight monts (was not filtered). Not sure what it is but its not wine diamonds or sediment. Talked to the owner of my LHBS and he had a similiar thing with his EP Amorone.

Have also done the winery series carmenere and unless the EP improves a whole bunch, the comparison is not even close.

cheers

Good to know as I don't bother with final SG. Not too concerned with ABV.

This is my second one. the first is at 15 months and still needs more time. This is also the first EP kit i have done that had some darkish flecks in the bottle even though it was clear when bottle at eight monts (was not filtered). Not sure what it is but its not wine diamonds or sediment. Talked to the owner of my LHBS and he had a similiar thing with his EP Amorone.

Have also done the winery series carmenere and unless the EP improves a whole bunch, the comparison is not even close.

cheers

Interesting, maybe that's why they are discontinuing it.

Latest posts

Back